Sign in to follow this  
Roderick Quiros

VSA Preconvention session

Howdy all:

Did anyone who entered the lottery for the VSA preconvention sessions get any word one way or another?  Hard to make travel plans without knowing; you think the VSA would let folks know either way as a courtesy.

Rod 

I received an email today saying I'm on the wait list. I believe the original notice said if you win the lottery you will be notified.

2 minutes ago, Julian Cossmann Cooke said:

Much as I am excited at having won, getting to hang with Dr. Cosmos is a definite plus!

Yes, our discussions will be astronomical for sure.

I just called VSA. Bizarre, they said the results weren’t out yet. I told them emails have already been sent out and received. They seemed surprised and transferred me to another person who was away from her desk. 

Addendum: got to talk to somebody ;), they were very nice, apparently have been having email issues

On 10/6/2017 at 9:14 AM, Michael_Molnar said:

I received an email this morning that I won the lottery. Looking forward to this.

Me too.

I have not received the link from Allegra Hale to confirm and pay for my participation in the VSA Preconvention Session. 

I called and got this straightened out. I paid the fee.

Jim, no mention has been made of transportation and I'd not expect it to happen. Last time the VSA was in DC and there were instrument viewings at the Library of Congress people were on their own to get downtown. The Metro is the easiest option.

Thursday morning, I plan on hopping on the Metro yellow line from Crystal City across the highway from the Marriott. Then, switch at L'Enfant Plaza to either the blue, silver, or orange to Capitol Hill South. The LoC is a block north from there. I have a prepaid Metro card. I imagine car traffic will be horrendous.

I hope to arrive at the Marriott tomorrow around 4 PM before the evening traffic.