• Announcements

• john

Read the rules at the top of this page before posting.   12/30/16

The rules are copied here for your convenience: The Auction Scroll is for sharing opinions on instruments listed and offered for sale online on this site or any other. It is for the civil exchange of ideas and opinions about the instruments themselves. The opinions expressed are solely those of the poster, and do not represent the opinion of Maestronet or its forum moderators. Personal attacks on individuals will not be tolerated and will result in banning from participation in the forums. For example you are free to state that in your opinion a certain instrument labelled such and such is or is not authentic. You can also support your opinion with facts as you see them, as long as you make no reference to the individual or company listing the instrument or use hearsay in your argument. You cannot say for example that such and such an instrument is not authentic because you know the individual listing the instrument is not trustworthy or you believe the company routinely uses false descriptions of its instruments. That will get you banned. Similarly, you can defend the authenticity of an instrument with the facts as you see them, as long as personal attacks and hearsay are not used. For example, you could refer to the shape of the f holes in support of a certain origin, but what you cannot do is attack any individuals that may hold a different opinion. This is a unique forum, so please abide by these rules to ensure it continues in its current form.
Sign in to follow this  
Dwight Brown

Should I Hate This More??

11 hours ago, Televet said:

https://t2-auctions.com/auctions/lot/?csid=2198667264&cpid=3479339008&filter_key=4a508f37c390b6ff25c931321c8ec316

I had put this one on my mad Viola money Watch List list.

It might even be what the label says. Crispilli is a Violist as well as a luthier according to Google

59b75715b4e39_snipcrispilli.JPG.017a264c9ad59a7b08dde7c038243228.JPG

I would guess not, just because the year "1979" is written in such a Germanic fashion.  I'm not even looking at the viola.  But that also doesn't look local to anywhere in Italy to me...especially not Venice.  My husband's on a major Venetian kick right now, so Venetian stuff is just about all I'm looking at these days too.  

ETA: Dwight!  You should buy the viola.  Do not hate the viola.  It's never done anything to you.

I guess Crispilli instruments have gone for less before.  Huh.  I don't think it's particularly pretty, at all, but who cares. Odds are good for higher resale value sometime down the line, right?

2 hours ago, Dwight Brown said:

$500.00 would probably only buy you a fairly basic student 16" viola.

DLB

What can you possibly lose?  You said it's in budget, you're obviously intrigued.  Buy the thing and be happy.

1 hour ago, AtlVcl said:

What can you possibly lose?  You said it's in budget, you're obviously intrigued.  Buy the thing and be happy.

Yes...but there is at least as much fun to be had from discussing it and savouring it as there is from buying it.  

2 hours ago, deans said:

I like lot 60 better than the other one.

Likewise.

It seems to me to be one of those rare instances where the fake label is a downgrade!

1 hour ago, martin swan said:

Likewise.

It seems to me to be one of those rare instances where the fake label is a downgrade!

:D

21 hours ago, Televet said:

Yes...but there is at least as much fun to be had from discussing it and savouring it as there is from buying it.  

That's it :-)

DLB