barnesviolins

Flood Damaged/Moldy Instruments

On 9/11/2017 at 11:46 PM, l33tplaya said:

Uncooked rice is very deliquescent.

Gave you a while to edit this.  Don't you mean "hygroscopic"?  If rice disappeared by melting, Kelloggs would have one less cereal, at the very least.  "And a snap-crackle-pop tooo yoooou".  [Takes her pet thesaurus for a walk.] :lol:;)

8 hours ago, Violadamore said:

Gave you a while to edit this.  Don't you mean "hygroscopic"?  If rice disappeared by melting, Kelloggs would have one less cereal, at the very least.  "And a snap-crackle-pop tooo yoooou".  [Takes her pet thesaurus for a walk.] :lol:;)

Just wanted to make sure it's the real you back from Irma, and not some ersatz impostor. :-) :lol:

No one else caught it... It's an old trick of course, to use rice to dry out electronics after immersion. Modern electronics don't usually fair well, even if it's clean water, or after dunking in distilled water to remove the Cr*p (technical term). :P

Deliquescent is such a wonderful term...B)

On September 13, 2017 at 11:35 AM, Violadamore said:

Watch the beaches along the upper Gulf of Mexico.  I am.  Modern foam filled cases float:ph34r:

So, have you found any fiddles in the flotsam?

Yesterday I mixed up a batch of mold killer to treat the beam/flooring material in the floor under our shower...where the drain was leaking...so the plumbers will return to make their very expensive repairs...

It was a solution of peroxide, vinegar and borax. 

I actually don't think there was any mold though...couldn't see or smell any...

However! Better safe than sorry and goodness knows I want to keep the plumbers happy...