Hello to everyone!

Left to be sold: 
• Herdim string lifter, violin/viola; ($10.00);
• Bending Iron, made by Morassi famous family in Italy ($250.00), works with Europeen 220;
[revised $160.00]
• Herdim violin/viola clamp set, 32 clamps, ($400.00), if someone is interested  I will include here the Herdim String lifter and the 16'' Bend-A-Light Pro; [revised $240.00]

Anyone interested to buy the 3 items up here, I will let it all go for $300.00 (it includes the clamps, the Herdim string lifter and the Herdim clam set), this is an economy of $110.00). 

Note: I already sold many items that I sent from Canada to the United States. I am using Canada Express Post, with a tracking code number, the delivery is done generally within 3 to 4 days, there is an insurance  taken with it that covers the cost at new. The cost of the shipping is about $50.00 Can., this cost is added to whatever you buy.

I process the transaction for anything sold here with Paypal.

Regards,
Pierre Bellefeuille
Gatineau (12 km near downtown Ottawa)

I use now my free time to do professional photography on the side: http://www.bellefeuille-photo.ca

Hi Pierre,   I am curious about your homemade rib thickness system.  Can you show a picture of it?  or explain how it works?

5 hours ago, MikeC said:

Hi Pierre,   I am curious about your homemade rib thickness system.  Can you show a picture of it?  or explain how it works?

Hello Mike,

I am sorry, for the moment I prefer not to share, because it is a custom concept where I want to protect my rights, I maybe interested developing a market with it.

Regards,
Pierre

Hi Pierre, can you please tell if the Weisshaar book is first or second edition?

Thank you

Albert

Updated list, many items already sold!

Disregards, please see first post up here, it is more simple to see what's left this way.

Edited by Pierre Bellefeuille
Disregard, the content has been reedited in the first post

On 08/09/2017 at 2:12 AM, Pierre Bellefeuille said:

Hello,

One is 800 and the Other is finer, I think if I remember well 1200

A+
Pierre

Thanks, I am only looking for finer grits, could you elaborate on blade of all kinds? 

On 2017-09-11 at 6:05 PM, Brandon_Williams said:

Pierre,

I just opened the Swiss Made gouges... Thank you so much, I really appreciate the good price and that you packaged them so carefully!

Thanks again!!!

Hi Brandon,

I am happy that you are satisfied!

Regards,
Pierre

On 11/4/2017 at 7:13 AM, Pierre Bellefeuille said:

Hello, Mike,

I will publish here in a few days the concept. Please stay tuned!

Hi Pierre, thank you.  it will be interesting to see your thickness method.   I am in my first build and used a toothed plane and a block with depth stops to ensure I didn't go too thin.  

Here is the custom design I created to thin my violin rib. It is basically a suction MDF box with a groove over it that holds in place the rib. It works over the table of a press drill. I was using a Delta press drill with an extra large platform. I was using a Safe-T-Planer mounted on the drill to thin my ribs. It is very accurate. It does not produce a fine powder like when we are using a belt sander. It is a known that the fine powder coming from hard wood is toxic for the lungs. It is pretty safe to use the Safe-T-Planer. It can be found here: http://www.stewmac.com/Luthier_Tools/Types_of_Tools/Planes/StewMac_Safe-T-Planer.html?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=TXT%3A New Products&utm_term=safe t planer&utm_content=Safe-T-Planer

The measurements of the box are:
Length = 762 mm
Width = 153 mm
Height = 120 mm

The MDF thickness is 16 mm.

The width of the groove is 43 mm. I used a router to make that groove being .6 mm deep.

The open part for the adaptor suction part is 56 mm wide. I connect to it a Shop-O-Vac vacuum.

We start to thin from the middle of the rib in place, then going to one extremity, and we start again into the centre and we complete until finished toward the other extremity. This approach about 80 % of the time usually used with the traditional method using a plane.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg