Sign in to follow this  
deans

How can you lose?

Just in case it dissappears from ebay; for 2200USD(!!!) you can participate in a lottery and recieve a violin "at random" :D:D 

One of the 4/4 violins which are held currently inside of either the cases shown in the images above, or in other non photographed cases (about 40 different violins in total) will be chosen by a number which is generated by a number generator, the number will range from 1-100. The number will be generated ONE TIME, after the purchase is made, re rolls will not occur, results which I may favor are not those which are favored by the generator, the generator favors not you, or I. 

Generator which will be used: RANDOM.org

95-100 Landing here will grant you two handmade violins which were crafted by luthiers either in Europe or the United States, they will not feature sound post or bass bar cracks, and will have high quality perlon strings equipped. 

40-94 This range will give a single handmade European or American violin, it will not feature sound post or bass bar cracks, and will have high quality perlon strings equipped. 

10-39 The most mysterious of categories, the holder of a number of this range will be permitted an unlabeled antique instrument which may, or may not have been hand made, but likely was. I cannot make guarantees relating to the origins of violins of this category, but I do guarantee the instrument will not feature sound post or bass bar cracks. 

4-9 A German factory violin of the early 1900's which features highly figured maple and fine grained spruce will be sent, if a number between 4-9 is rolled. It will have equipped high quality German perlon strings of lower cost. 

1-3 The most sought after range available, it allows for its captor to be given three handmade violins which were crafted by luthiers either in Europe or the United States, they will not feature sound post or bass bar cracks and will have equipped high quality perlon strings. 

The generations of others will be displayed here when numbers are generated for them.

All violins will be of the 4/4 size, will include a full size case, and will have new fittings and strings. Violins will have authentic labels unless category says otherwise. No bows are included.  If any questions or suggestions relating to this posting come to mind, do please contact me.

v1.thumb.jpg.a2b1ad96c63cc095d335b39a73f741b7.jpgv2.thumb.jpg.b490c42b370df800165068ed58a850ab.jpgv3.thumb.jpg.77003111df93666a06f78243a7666c8d.jpgv4.thumb.jpg.d5faa8b40f82e9d0f81e67ea2428e9e0.jpgv5.thumb.jpg.adfa7e9d3286462a954d3e563b46a3ba.jpg

2 hours ago, jacobsaunders said:

Most of you already buy VSO's at random on Ebay anyway

I would go so far as to say MOST people buy violins/VSO's at random whether in stores, online, or on eBay. Very few people have any idea what they are buying when they buy their first violin, and go basically on looks and recommendation of a stranger. A small percentage have at least some idea how a violin actually sounds, a smaller percentage have some experience/knowledge and an even smaller percentage have enough accurate knowledge to make an informed decision. It is much like buying cars, computers, phones, TVs, audio equipment, etc, etc, etc... 

But, that is just my uninformed opinion/impression. 

If there's 40 total violins. Why not have a number generated from 1-40? :unsure:

There'd be more appeal and interest if they showed the potential violins being raffled.

I'd like this concept more without the unknown info or pics of the violins.

This offering violates eBay's Terms of Service:

"We don't allow listings that sell an opportunity to win an item either by chance or in a skill contest. Specifically, we don't allow listings that promote giveaways, lotteries, sweepstakes, random drawings, raffles, or contests. These types of promotions are highly regulated and may be unlawful in many states."

Plus, who wants violins that don't "feature sound post or bass bar cracks?"

The description has been changed:

I have imaged, as you I'm sure can see above, two violin cases. Within these two cases are violins of either the Americas, or Europe. Both feature not any visible cracks, and do have highly figured maple as well as fine grained spruce. Purchasing this listing will grant a single case and a single violin, I will choose a case which I have already placed a violin inside of. All violins will be of the 4/4 size, will include a full size case, and will have new fittings and strings. The violins will feature authentic labels. No bows are included. If any questions or suggestions relating to this posting come to mind, do please contact me.

So now it's only a 50/50 chance for getting either a European violin, or a violin 'of either the Americas', also a very good game!