cjankowski

Eat your Heart out Stradivari

While reading the latest issue of The Scroll, I noticed a full page add with the above words as the title.

I briefly visited the website, not much info but some pretty bold claims, with of course a book to sell.

I must say the instruments are uniqe looking and as a search on here and via google turned up very little, my curiosity has gotten the best of me.

He currently has a violin and Viola listed on the Violin Channels marketplace.

Has anyone seen and or heard in person an instrument made by Marc Cicchetto and if so what where your thoughts?

20 minutes ago, Jerry Pasewicz said:

Is this guy from Brewton Alabama by any chance?

If so, MacGuyver is his best friend.

The thing is, I admire when someone takes some blocks of wood and makes something with them.  I always feel proud for them.  But the boasting is just unnecessary and in this case unwarranted.  

2 hours ago, Thomas Coleman said:

The thing is, I admire when someone takes some blocks of wood and makes something with them.  I always feel proud for them.  But the boasting is just unnecessary and in this case unwarranted.  

Sure. I like it too when somebody makes something out of wood, even if the result is kind of sucky.

Start claiming that it's "world class", or "the best", and a whole different level of evaluation and scrutiny comes into play.

11 minutes ago, David Burgess said:

Sure. I like it too when somebody makes something out of wood, even if the result is kind of sucky.

Start claiming that it's "world class", or "the best", and a whole different level of evaluation and scrutiny comes into play.

How true. :lol:

23 minutes ago, David Burgess said:

Yeah!  That's what I said!  Or was trying to say ;-)

"A heads up to the dynamics of my fabrication system and it's ability to allow ANYONE to build superb sounding violins; and to do so consistently, time after time. www.cicchetto.com"

Actually I have to say, IF this thingy showed above is sounding good I start to believe this, because it surely is not crafted nicely or even skilled. So if it is still good, imagine what a good craftman could get out of this "system". 

I dont think this is a fraud, I tend to think that he believes in it hisself. As long as I dont have to play on such an instrument, I am fine with it. 

2 hours ago, WorksAsIntended said:

"A heads up to the dynamics of my fabrication system and it's ability to allow ANYONE to build superb sounding violins; and to do so consistently, time after time. www.cicchetto.com"

Actually I have to say, IF this thingy showed above is sounding good I start to believe this, because it surely is not crafted nicely or even skilled. So if it is still good, imagine what a good craftman could get out of this "system". 

I dont think this is a fraud, I tend to think that he believes in it hisself. As long as I dont have to play on such an instrument, I am fine with it. 

If he believes his violinmaking is "world class", do you really trust his opinion of sound?