Sign in to follow this  
Norman Clark

Would you sell him a violin - you made?

I saw him play once at Northwind Farms in East Lansing.  Quite a show & I was a fan.  I read that he had drug issues for a while.  He was hard on bows, but the fiddle seemed to survive.

He was just at the American Festival of Fiddle Tunes in Port Townsend, WA. I didn't go, but have heard that he was in excellent form, especially for his age!

I remember seeing him in concert when I was a kid. The Rajun Cajun. As a member of the trade, though, I have heard stories about his bows...(none to be passed on here.)

Hell ya. I'd sell him one of my fiddles.

1 hour ago, duane88 said:

He was just at the American Festival of Fiddle Tunes in Port Townsend, WA. I didn't go, but have heard that he was in excellent form, especially for his age!

I remember seeing him in concert when I was a kid. The Rajun Cajun. As a member of the trade, though, I have heard stories about his bows...(none to be passed on here.)

Hell ya. I'd sell him one of my fiddles.

Hi Duane

I will be in Seattle for two days this week (Thu and Fri) and would like to stop by your shop in Ballard and see some of the fiddles you have built.

Will you be there and Is that possible?

1 hour ago, lpr5184 said:

Hi Duane

I will be in Seattle for two days this week (Thu and Fri) and would like to stop by your shop in Ballard and see some of the fiddles you have built.

Will you be there and Is that possible?

I tried to send you a PM, but it says that you can not accept them.

Come on by. I'll be here 12-6

Great, I'll stop by. Don't know which day, The wife has a conference in SeaTac. I plan to take the ferry over to the Wood Well to check out some quilt.

Edit- I had the days wrong. Looks like Fri and Sat.

Edit- My wife cancelled her conference so I will not be in Seattle this week after all.:(

When I saw him many decades ago, I watched him place his index finger in back of the head of his bow, and then spin the bow on his finger over his head.

Do not try this.

I happen to be playing in a Cajun/Zydeco band at the time and I decided to try it. The bow spun around a few times and then went airborne. That was the end of that bow.

On 7/17/2017 at 7:46 PM, duane88 said:

I remember seeing him in concert when I was a kid.

Me too,  He spent half his time lambasting his band on stage,  I'm surprised he didn't make them stand in the corner or wear a dunce cap.  I vaguely remember him being concerned the band wouldn't be ready for the Nashville show...