Will L

TRIVIA: THIS AND THAT ABOUT THIS AND THAT

True. I imagine they bonded over the observation, but my daughter notices nursing babies, nursing animals, and asks me to nurse her dolls. She loves to nurse. It's a human thing, not just a boy thing. Sometimes it gets weird. She'll hand me a stuffed warthog or a Predator action figure and tell me to "give the ba". Sometimes I have to explain that I just don't nurse that kind of guy. I use humor. I change the subject. But she is very much for ba rights and anti-discrimination of ba giving,  which is sweet. I guess. My son thought he had exclusive rights. I am certain that she would notice some DDs in a tank top, but I doubt she would say anything. My son had no sense of decorum at this age. Lol

The human experience starts over with each new life.  Lovely in children.  In adults, it's why we still have things like genocide...

Anecdote: sitting in a restaurant with my cousins and their children, the youngest, two, was intent on food mischief.  Cousin's spouse: "The forces of good and evil are very near the surface in children."   :lol:

34 minutes ago, not telling said:

True. I imagine they bonded over the observation, but my daughter notices nursing babies, nursing animals, and asks me to nurse her dolls. She loves to nurse. It's a human thing, not just a boy thing. Sometimes it gets weird. She'll hand me a stuffed warthog or a Predator action figure and tell me to "give the ba". Sometimes I have to explain that I just don't nurse that kind of guy. I use humor. I change the subject. But she is very much for ba rights and anti-discrimination of ba giving,  which is sweet. I guess. My son thought he had exclusive rights. I am certain that she would notice some DDs in a tank top, but I doubt she would say anything. My son had no sense of decorum at this age. Lol

I don't recall my daughter ever expressing an interest in nursing, dolls, or anything else along those lines.  She was more interested in sports and beating her brothers at boy things...^_^

19 minutes ago, Addie said:

The human experience starts over with each new life.  Lovely in children.  In adults, it's why we still have things like genocide...

Anecdote: sitting in a restaurant with my cousins and their children, the youngest, two, was intent on food mischief.  Cousin's spouse: "The forces of good and evil are very near the surface in children."   :lol:

...and we start to notice them among a child's response to beans...:P

1 hour ago, not telling said:

Reminds me of the time my husband was holding our boy in a grocery store line. He was two. He points to a buxom young woman and says very loudly, " Look, papa! That one have biiiig boo-boos!"

Where do you suppose a two-year-old would have learned language like that? From his buddies at school, from surfing the internet, or at home? :P

22 hours ago, Rue said:

I will send you 100 complimentary copies of my first novel! :wub:

I look forward to reading it. I love the way you write. I'm not going to explain why...paralysis by analysis etc...I know what writer's block is. Don't wanna say what, why or how in case I jinx it. Just let it flow out of you Rue.

23 hours ago, Rue said:

...and we start to notice them among a child's response to beans...:P

Hmm... 

Teeny weeny chili-beany, the spirits are about to speak!

image.jpeg

On 11/16/2017 at 12:53 PM, Addie said:

...In adults, it's why we still have things like genocide...

[Assiduously examines the statement and its context.]  OK, I give up.  Are you condemning it, excusing it, or actively encouraging it? :huh:

1 hour ago, Addie said:

Hmm... 

image.jpeg

Teeny weeny chili-beany, the spirits are about to speak!

LIKE!!!

Violin recital next weekend! Playing an easy duet...and if I can pull it off - a modified (easier) version of a little encore piece. Still having issues shifting into the nosebleed section and keeping my intonation intact. Getting better - albeit at a slug's pace.  When I want to further depress myself I watch 5 years olds play circles around me.

Today's grocery store tale:

Long story short: I am helping hubby set up the hospitality suite for a conference that starts tomorrow. Went to pay for catering, pick up snacks and pop...and get a few personal grocery items. Paid twice - once for the company supplies and once for our stuff.

I had the company cart. He was supposed to be in charge of our cart. He was on the phone.

Came home with 3 random bags of chips (that we don't eat) and a big bag of Macintosh apples (that we don't eat).

I thought he wanted them for some reason. He thought I wanted them for some reason.

Turns out some random person tossed them in the cart while he was preoccupied with his phone calls...

Who does that??? :angry:

18 minutes ago, Rue said:

Who does that??? :angry:

Toss stuff in the wrong cart, or space out while jabbering on a cell phone?  I'd say someone who's lost situational awareness, in both cases. :lol:

Speaking of trivia, I was just considering the actual dynamics of a common colloquial expression, and wondering, does the doo-doo "hit the fan", as is often stated, or, given relative speeds, is it more the other way around?   Anybody sent this to Mythbusters? :huh: