Will L

TRIVIA: THIS AND THAT ABOUT THIS AND THAT

Good guesses!  LOL!  

I suppose I'll never know for certain...

No matter!  They are being re-purposed for my indoor tortoise enclosure (custom L-shaped cage will sit on top)!  The electrical hook-up might actually be useful - or not - we'll see once I get them in place.

Picked up the 2nd table.. .and of course they don't match! This one has different legs with caps on them. I actually like them better...but the table itself is in worse shape. 

The more I look at them, the more I think they must be from a school lab, and not a factory like we were told. There's "newer" looking chewing gum stuck underneath.  LOL.  But then again...I can't think of what school could have had these in them recently, and they're not 'damaged' or vandalized in any other way.  Ex. no initials or questionable words (or graphic drawings) doodled on them.

20170820_072810.jpg

On 2017-08-18 at 8:36 PM, Rue said:

Lol...two more and we will have a quartet! :D Er, I assume the goriila is a violist?^_^

Other trivia: I just bought two of these. Any idea what they might have been used for?

20170818_182336.jpg

20170818_182358.jpg

That's a veterinarians table....easy to clean after the poor pooch lets go... would not use it for a dining table though! :)

Cheers... Mat

Oh! Never thought of that! We have a vet college here! Maybe they finally remodelled!

Thank you! :)

2 hours ago, Rue said:

Picked up the 2nd table.. 

The more I look at them, the more I think...

One our very popular singer (now 88 years young), particularly well known for his special sense for humor and extraordinary interpretation of American evergreen songs and jazz, but also for collecting worthless stuff, once when asked about his collecting passion, answered this, in slowly way with his specific nasal voice:

"You see, when I buy a strange thing on flee market, I bring it home, constantly look at it every day before sleeping and think what it might serve. Then, when I finally realize that it serves no purpose, I just throw it away!"  :D

But it was long time ago, before internet forums...

I don't know if he is wise or not!  Buying it...then throwing it away...seems like a bit of a waste of $$$.

I thought that if we don't use these tables for the tortoise...we can always used them in the workshop or garage, or elsewhere.  Tables seem to be useful things...^_^

24 minutes ago, Rue said:

I don't know if he is wise or not!  Buying it...then throwing it away...seems like a bit of a waste of $$$.

I thought that if we don't use these tables for the tortoise...we can always used them in the workshop or garage, or elsewhere.  Tables seem to be useful things...^_^

Buying things for peanuts ... trifle

Fun while exploring them ... priceless

Throwing them away ... who cares

Ergo, Jimmy Stanić is a wise witty man, and excellent jazz singer (also and a good double bass player)

BTW, I'm sure that you will find the best way to use your tables :)

24 minutes ago, Rue said:

Or you could draw out some artsy design on the top, then stamp the design into the metal with a hammer and screwdriver,  and sell it as Canadian folk art to a gullible tourist from the US. :)

Note to self: create folk art table for Burgess...:ph34r:

Romberg Flat: At the very least, Jimmy and I have the fun of the hunt in common!:D

1 hour ago, Rue said:

Note to self: create folk art table for Burgess...:ph34r:

I'm not sure I have a desire  to be a tourist in Canada. What would I do for fun? Do you guys have beer, seedy bars, or televised hockey games up there?

Even TVs? :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, David Burgess said:

I'm not sure I have a desire  to be a tourist in Canada. What would I do for fun? Do you guys have beer, seedy bars, or televised hockey games up there?

Only in Quebec, and in Quebec every one hates everyone even themselves - I lived there for a couple decades one year...

On 8/19/2017 at 4:54 AM, Frank Nichols said:

First guess, a fudge making table.

Considering what Mat said, you were close, anyway.  :lol:

3 hours ago, David Burgess said:

Oh no! Nothing like that! Only lemonade, lawn bowling and an occasional outbreak of fisticuffs.

Today's trivia:

Deckled edge paper.

The "rough" edging found on antique books (before they could produce a smooth-edged paper) and new high-end books - or cheap books trying to look high end.

All those 3s dressed up as 9s! :P

18 minutes ago, Rue said:

Today's trivia:

Deckled edge paper.

The "rough" edging found on antique books (before they could produce a smooth-edged paper) and new high-end books - or cheap books trying to look high end.

All those 3s dressed up as 9s! :P

One reason for the rough edging in old books is that they had to be individually cut by the reader.

On 27/08/2017 at 3:42 PM, carl stross said:

One reason for the rough edging in old books is that they had to be individually cut by the reader.

On purpose? Why? I've cut the odd page that was "missed" but  not an entire book. Gimmick?

Well - no one held a gun to their head or anything remotely similar...:mellow:

20170903_152005_001.jpg

20170903_152019_001.jpg

20170903_152056.jpg

17 hours ago, Rue said:

Well - no one held a gun to their head or anything remotely similar...:mellow:

20170903_152005_001.jpg

20170903_152019_001.jpg

20170903_152056.jpg

That's priceless!  Bet it made a dent in your rat problem.  Didn't help with the gophers, though.  :lol:

17 hours ago, Rue said:

On purpose? Why? I've cut the odd page that was "missed" but  not an entire book. Gimmick?

Yes. That's how "fine" books used to be made - each page had to be cut individually by the reader. Only the opposite side of the spine. 

28 minutes ago, carl stross said:

Yes. That's how "fine" books used to be made - each page had to be cut individually by the reader. Only the opposite side of the spine. 

Hmm. That would put a serious damper on my speed reading...^_^

Thankfully we don't have rats. Mice and pocket gophers are the problem. 

I don't like using poisons - only when things get out of hand.  Found those while doing our weekend barn purge.  It's been about 10 years since I last had a handle on things in there - and in the meantime my men have blithely been subscribing to the "plunk it down and forget about it" mentality.

Two loads of cr*p have gone to the dump! Probably another two loads still to come!

Meanwhile:

20170904_091134.jpg

On 08/20/2017 at 4:30 PM, David Burgess said:

Canada is my absolute favorite place to be a tourist.

15 minutes ago, joerobson said:

Canada is my absolute favorite place to be a tourist.

Yay!!! Thank you for your endorsement.:)

Our chipmunks thank you as well! ^_^