Frank Nichols

Possible counterfeit D'Addario strings on Amazon?

I received a replacement A string for my cello today, and notice the poor printing quality on the back. Notice the "e"s, and "s"s.

Does anyone know if "real" D'Addario strings have better printing?

Thanks

Frank

IMG_0330.jpg

That looks ok to me, Frank. I'm looking at the cardboard package from one of my Zyex violin sets, and the barcode in particular is considerably less sharp than yours is, and I'm sure the strings are real. When I've seen internet alerts about counterfeit strings, the packaging tends to be really obviously fake to any careful examination. 

3 minutes ago, MarkBouquet clearsky said:

That looks ok to me, Frank. I'm looking at the cardboard package from one of my Zyex violin sets, and the barcode in particular is considerably less sharp than yours is, and I'm sure the strings are real. When I've seen internet alerts about counterfeit strings, the packaging tends to be really obviously fake to any careful examination. 

Thanks, I appreciate your reply.

59 minutes ago, WorksAsIntended said:

Just had a look at my vio strings from daddario, its not of better printing quality and I bought it from a reliable source. 

Thank you, I guess I am just paranoid after reading so many stories. I did put it on, since I was tired of playing a 3 string cello, and it sounds fine. 

I know nothing, but it does seem a little "fuller" sounding that the Larsen it replaces, but it seems easier to scratch and squeak, I have to pay closer attention to bowing with it... amazing how much difference there is between strings.

Frank

1 hour ago, WorksAsIntended said:

There is indeed. If you are still unsure look at the metall winding. If it is bumpy you propably have a fake, if not you are fine. 

Well, look at that, I thought the A string was solid despite the name - had to get a loupe out to see it is wound! Thank you, yes, it is VERY smooth and even.

EDIT: Now that I look at the photo I submitted above, I can see it is wound in that also!