lpr5184

Perry Sultana...

Both of these labels belong to the British & Irish "golden age" of copperplate engraving, as opposed to the Cremonese, which were primarily movable type labels.

George Bickham was the acknowledged high priest of the copperplate golden age.

img_8675.jpg

Conor, Thank you again for posting the older Perry label. It is a little tough to see the writing. If you had  another example it would be just too much!... I mean how many of these old Perry's do you have just laying around, LOL...:). You are  a very generous soul. I hope I have better luck with the tone on this one than I did on the viola. I'm taking my time more so than I did on that one...If not what a cool wall hanger it will be in my music room!

I'm sure Conor will post a photo of the Christ Churd Yard label when he has time...and I think he mentioned that is the one inside of Colm's sulatana. I know he's busy and I don't want to keep pestering him. I know I'm a long ways away from putting in any labels.

I can't remember if there's a date on it. But if the number on the button is 679 it should be about 1780, which means it would have had an early Anglesea Street label, but I think it may be missing.