Sign in to follow this  
Thomas Coleman

A public "Thank you" to Davide Sora or Se e' piu facile "Mille Grazie"

I just wanted to give Davide Sora a public "thank you" for all of the youtube videos that he posts.  The amount of time put into filming, editing, annotating and uploading all of those videos has got to be a serious time sink.  And then, on top of all that they are filled with such excellent information, freely given!  Thanks very much Davide.  I , for one, am truly appreciative and grateful.

Me too. I watch them all of the time. They have helped me tremendously! I wish I had a way to enrich the community and pass on my knowledge and skills. I suppose in a few more decades I'll be qualified lol. 

Many thanks Davide. 

I have benefited greatly from his videos and his generous and informative posts on MN.

Thank you Davide. I wish you many more happy years at the bench.

Without a doubt Mr Sora's videos along with the info he shares is invaluable. I almost feel as if he is one of my teachers. 

Mr. Sora, along with Mr. Darnton and Manfio and many others have helped me beyond measure with the knowledge they have been so willing to share. 

3 hours ago, Emilg said:

Yes, excellent videos, especially the ones on scroll making were very detailed and extremely helpfull..:D

Watching Davide flute a scroll changed my woodworking forever.  No more "hack away at it." 

Thanks, Davide!  :)

It's my first post on Maestronet, but I'm a visitor here for a long time. Thank you Davide for all the input. For me as an amateur maker, you are one of my most important inspirations! 

I used google maps one day for Davide's address and ended up in the alley way behind his shop.  Then I couldn't turn around or make the corner ahead to keep going.  

I must also add my thanks for Davide Sora. Excellent master and great men! My favourite teacher :wub:

I am very glad to "know" him - and I am still hoping to meet him personally! :)

Thank you all for this tribute, I am moved.....:)

I believe that sharing is the most productive attitude in any case, and on this forum many do it selflessly, which allowed me to learn or deepen my knowledge of different things and I am always happy to know that to somebody I can reciprocate with something useful in some way.

While we're on the topic of public thanks, I also want to thank Ipr5184 to have generously sent me the four books by Mattiello on varnishes, an unexpected and truly pleasing gift.

Not to mention all those who have offered me their ideas, opinions, knowledge and photographic documentation for me impossible to find in any other way.

I would like to stress once again that what I show in the videos do not want to assert the superiority of my construction method compared to other, but it is simply the way in which my instruments are made.

Do not want to be the reconstruction of the classical Cremonese method (though strongly inspired to it), I leave to others more experienced these academic aspects and only describe what really I do in daily work.

This is not always taken for granted by everyone, and some people might think that I want to belittle other ways of working, but of course it is not so.

Point out possible differences , yes, surely I like to highlight this respect the work of some "colleagues" who work a lot on "marketing" and little on the bench.....;)