Cloth linings on cello ribs

20 minutes ago, jezzupe said:

Beyond the feces, needles and quadrants of homeless, the city streets are in such a bad state that I regretted driving the Cooper and wished I drove the 4x4 as the potholes were so frequent and large that it literally became a slalom course. So if all goes well, someday in the future, I hope to come back to the big mitten. There is an exodus from this state and there are many reasons why. 

Michigan isn't nirvana either. I read a report about Michigan having the worst roads in the nation.

How about Texas or Nevada? That's where lots of fed-up Californians go..... :)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, David Burgess said:

Michigan isn't nirvana either. I read a report about Michigan having the worst roads in the nation.

How about Texas? That's where lots of fed-up Californians go.....

Ya,Ya, your "don't come here" tricks won't fool us :lol:  The rest of the country is just going to have to get used to the fact that all kinds of Californians are coming, coming to ruin your state! :lol:

Meh' really it's family stuff in the end.

12 minutes ago, jezzupe said:

Ya,Ya, your "don't come here" tricks won't fool us :lol:  The rest of the country is just going to have to get used to the fact that all kinds of Californians are coming, coming to ruin your state! :lol:

Oh gawd, I hope not! It's bad enough living in a University town. Ann Arbor is already described as 75 square miles, surrounded by reality.

Jeffrey moved out to a "hick town" a while ago, and loves it.

27 minutes ago, David Burgess said:

Oh gawd, I hope not! It's bad enough living in a University town. Ann Arbor is already described as 75 square miles, surrounded by reality.

Jeffrey moved out to a "hick town" a while ago, and loves it.

Yeah but the beer's good, and where else can you see a werewolf violinist?

On 3/2/2019 at 7:19 AM, David Burgess said:

The knowledge existed, but how much of it trickled down to the common craftsperson?

The knowledge exists today to put a man on the moon, and more, but I wouldn't expect most violin makers, craftspeople, or artisans to know how to do it.

Well, a historian of the period may well have an answer or provide some valuable context on how widely knowledge spread through the population at the time. (Cremona is a special case in that the history of Western civilization has an important nexus point emanating from there. Doubtful if that matters. But certainly it was a cosmopolitan place.)  In any case we are not talking about "common craftspeople." More likely a polymath genius.

On 3/3/2019 at 1:24 PM, David Burgess said:

It takes a certain extreme cast of mind to suffer A2, but at least you have Hill Auditorium and Zingerman's. There are various reasons I've considered retiring there, but then I remember sitting in a park, sweating, on 4th. of July, with sweat running down my face. If I was willing to suffer that, at least I'd choose to do it in Chicago!

14 hours ago, mrbadger said:

Well, a historian of the period may well have an answer or provide some valuable context on how widely knowledge spread through the population at the time. (Cremona is a special case in that the history of Western civilization has an important nexus point emanating from there. Doubtful if that matters. But certainly it was a cosmopolitan place.)  In any case we are not talking about "common craftspeople." More likely a polymath genius.

Polymath geniuses making violins? Nonsense! While Stradivari appears to have been well educated there are existing documents where other classical period violinmakers signed with an X.