MANFIO

How objective is projection?

Assuming we've gotten the venom out of the systems of the faction that either refuses to comprehend what it reads or refuses to, a couple loose ends.

The only performer I know of who was ever meticulous with bow placement was Mischa Elman

But the ONLY performer with meticulous bow placement?

I didn't realize Mischa Elman also played the cello. But since you want to change the topic from violinist bowing to cello . . . 

Nobody specified violinist. What you've done is illustrated a Straw Man Argument -- attacking a point that wasn't raised. And made yourself look silly doing it.

Thats because he is the alpha male here.

And this (and its many tangents)  has what bearing on comprehending the nature of transcendental projection ?  I pointed out the social dynamic involved in this only because it kept intruding into the discussion, de-railing it. Since it was going unrecognized, I recognized it. Assuming, in doing that, that people would understand its irrelevance to the topic.

You have obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a rip, grasshopper

And that's why you can't just accept that there might be more to it than you are willing to admit ?

Absent serious response. I'm done with this, noting in closing that, re. modern violins, at least one other person agrees with me :

"A fine Scarampella is perhaps the youngest instrument to meet a soloist’s demand for a projecting yet noble tone." -- Dimitry Gindin

https://tarisio.com/cozio-archive/cozio-carteggio/stefano-scarampella/

3 hours ago, A432 said:

Nobody specified violinist. What you've done is illustrated a Straw Man Argument -- attacking a point that wasn't raised. And made yourself look silly doing it.

So to be clear, out of all the world class performers of both violin AND cello, only Mischa Elman has ascended to your pinnacle of "meticulous" bow placement? Since Elman died in 1967, that is at least 50+ years worth of performers of both violin and cello, and at least another 50+ years worth of Elman's contemporaries. Does the emptiness of such a claim still escape you?

There is a significant difference between a cello and violin bow, and the physical demands each places upon the performer, so it is on-point to mention the difference between your claim and your example.

What has become obvious in this thread is your willingness to respond to disagreement with insult rather than discussion. I try very hard to check my malice at the forum door. You might consider a similar approach, or at least tone it down to an occasional witty taunt.

7 hours ago, A432 said:

Nope. ctanzio has a strong history of well-thought-out posts. It is you who have taken looking silly to a new level.

If you're a conflict addict looking for a fix, one problem is that you're several years late to the party. Old vs new has been a hot topic in the past. Just about every conceivable claim and question (including yours) have already been asked, argued and answered, and now many of us are bored with it. You might need to try a different topic or a different forum if conflict and argument are what you are seeking.

It's like a party where the first two hours are spent discussing last night's big game, and then they move on to other things. During hour four, you arrive and say, “Hey, how about that game last night?" :rolleyes::lol:

Do your homework. Study some of these old threads, and see if you have anything new to offer which hasn't already been said. Grasshopper. :P

I have, and still will bend over backwards for people who show a serious desire to learn. Your pompousness, in an attempt to imitate knowledge, is nothing more than old and boring.

7 hours ago, A432 said:

"I'm done with this, ..."

A432, I certainly hope so, since your recent posts have been an embarrassing stain on the generally high quality of the Maestronet forums.

29 minutes ago, David Burgess said:

Old vs new has been a hot topic in the past. Just about every conceivable claim and question (including yours) has already been asked, argued and answered, and now many of us are bored with it. You might need to try a different topic or a different forum if conflict and argument are what you're seeking.

I think that's the main problem. A432, every aspect of what you are claiming has been advocated, debated, scrutinised from every possible angle, and while Maestronet stalwarts don't necessarily agree with each other, we have discussed it to death and found a way of co-existing. Yours is an extreme position which doesn't take on board any of the extremely well reasoned points that very serious people have made in the past.

20 hours ago, A432 said:

Debate is a spectator sport  ? ! ?

[Yawns and stretches languorously.]  As David and Martin have pointed out, the serious debate on this (as on many another) matter closed long since.  What's left is of the "nya-nyah-nya-nya-nyah", and "yo' mamma" level of discourse, the participants in which make a distressing spectacle of themselves.  Spectacles attract spectators.  QED.  :lol:

Now, please, can the chatter and pass the popcorn.  :)