Sign in to follow this  
Rue

Fancy, inlaid American violin

I can think of guys who would love to have that fiddle, but not at 20K.

Havent seen this EBAY seller in a long time. Same person?

Will: That's what I was thinking.  It didn't sound very good either in the attached clip.  BUT...since sound and price aren't correlated...maybe it had American-made value.^_^

deans: So it might appeal to fiddlers...but they won' t cough up the cash? :ph34r:

This has been on ebay for a long time, perhaps years, and if my memory is correct, the price has not changed in that time, or maybe it was listed at 30,000 in the beginning. It may be considered an artwork, but for that amount of money, you can buy a seriously fine violin.

7 hours ago, luthier said:

This has been on ebay for a long time, perhaps years, and if my memory is correct, the price has not changed in that time, or maybe it was listed at 30,000 in the beginning. It may be considered an artwork, but for that amount of money, you can buy a seriously fine violin.

Wow! Someone is the eternal optimist!

If you look at the bids, they are from 2011 and 2012. (All 6 rejected)The recording and playing are perhaps not indicative of what the violin could do. But price is based on provenance, condition, and maker, not how it sounds. In this case, the "flower" violin is missing 2 of the 3.