Sign in to follow this  
Don Noon

Contemporary violin in concert competition, live

Wow... first place plus the audience choice award.  Best possible result.  Congrats to Annelle, and it was greatly enjoyable for me, too.

4 minutes ago, David Burgess said:

So sad that she didn't use a megabuck antique violin, enabling her to rise to a higher level than first place.

That's likely to happen soon, with all the investment groups that I expect will be throwing megabuck violins at her.

13 hours ago, Don Noon said:

That's likely to happen soon, with all the investment groups that I expect will be throwing megabuck violins at her.

If you gave her the violin as a loaner for the competition, it should sell quite easily now.  Good content for your not yet in existence web site.  Seriously I hope she pulls a Hillary and says no thanks, my Noon works great me I think I'll just stick with this violin. 

The live feed from the front line left a lot to be desired, as they usually do.  Live feeds are an afterthought, whether it's Sphinx or Spacex.  So I hope Sphinx will put it on their YT channel.  Also, I think I read that PBS or NPR usually broadcasts the recording at some point.

Hey Don, What strings were Annelle using?  I think GDA were the same color but was mostly just enjoying the performance and didn't remember to give a closer look until it was too late.  If there was any string juggling it would be interesting to hear what strings did what until the "right" strings were found for this violin.

-Jim

36 minutes ago, Jim Bress said:

Hey Don, What strings were Annelle using?

I don't know for sure.  It had Evah P's on (gold label E) when I gave it to her, and a while later I asked and she said she hadn't changed the strings.  Could be that they are still on, 2 months later (also the same set that was on in October at the VMAAI competition).  Best guess is that they are; she mentioned changing strings when they break but not much about changing strings regularly.

21 hours ago, Don Noon said:

Wow... first place plus the audience choice award.  Best possible result.  Congrats to Annelle, and it was greatly enjoyable for me, too.

Congrats! on top of all that, she's way better looking than the other guys :lol: Frankly its no surprise to me, the first time I saw her play your violin I knew it was going to be good for both of you