Rue

The new Elbphilharmonie Concert Hall in Hamburg

Ah! That's good to know! I was wondering if you had to take public transit to the door (and park elsewhere. ..far far away) .  ..or canoe...

It's obvious that the public can get there by boats onlyB).

There were bets, which monument would be finished earlier, the Elbphilharmonie or the new Berlin airport.

1 hour ago, Rue said:

Who won?

Obviously Hamburg:mellow:.

The airport was planned to open in 2011, than 2013, 2015, now they have promised to open it in the end of 17 (don't know which century is meant).

Lol...I could have checked!

Our city is getting a new art gallery. It is also over budget and the opening kerps getting delayed. But it is peanuts compared to this concert hall!

On 11/01/2017 at 8:55 PM, Rue said:

Lol...I could have checked!

Our city is getting a new art gallery. It is also over budget and the opening kerps getting delayed. But it is peanuts compared to this concert hall!

An €800million concert hall will certainly be a driver for culture in Germany and beyond - well exemplified by the opening concert which included an Uraufführung by a piece by Wolfgang Rihm. Their first concert season is already sold out. Simon Rattle is trying to convince Britain to invest on a similar level in London, interesting to read the Guardian article with respect to this https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/jan/12/why-germany-is-proud-of-hamburg-elbphilharmonie-and-why-britain-should-care-about-that

Thanks for the link! An interesting view on the differences between the two nations.