Sign in to follow this  
ashwilliams

Is this a deal?

Please be very careful with these "bargains". Some time ago I purchased a cello that never arrived. It is very frequent that when you find something interesting at a low price it is a swindle. The seller made it incredibly believable even he provided a transport agency web page which contacted me and stating the payment had been received and that the cello was prepared to be sent... I'm still waiting.

The English police contacted my bank and they said it was very usual this kind of swindles in Internet. 

Please be very cautious.

Please be very careful with these "bargains". Some time ago I purchased a cello that never arrived. It is very frequent that when you find something interesting at a low price it is a swindle. The seller made it incredibly believable even he provided a transport agency web page which contacted me and stating the payment had been received and that the cello was prepared to be sent... I'm still waiting.

The English police contacted my bank and they said it was very usual this kind of swindles in Internet. 

Please be very cautious.

Hi! Thanks for the info. I wrote to the person to ask if they could send more information. Turns out they "moved" to Gibraltar and took the cello with them.  They responded to me in German (I wrote in German), but they clearly don't speak proper German. They want to hand the transaction through a middleman to make sure we were both secure. I think you might have hit the nail on the head with this one. Thanks for taking the time to write this message! Have a good weekend!