Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Victor

STRAD & STRINGS magazines

I started subscribing to the STRAD magazine in 1970 and STRINGS in 1996. I thought I would want to keep these forever, but my wife says we need to reduce the quantity of "my stuff." I am not seeking remuneration, although these old issues seem to have some value. So I am looking for a good home for these magazines which are currently boxed (bankers' boxes) and in good condition. I want to find a good home for them, and would rather not have to repackage and mail them. I am in the San Francisco Bay Area and that would be the easiest area for them to end up.

The collection is not complete, since I shipped one box of them to someone who wished to give them as a gift - and reimbursed me for the shipping cost (U.S. media mail). I would just rather not do that much work this time. Also the pre-modern format STRAD magazines are no longer in the collection, since they got mildewed on load to someone for 20 years.

If you are interested, just post here and we can work something out.

Andy

I am just curious. I have stopped hanging on to magazines for more than a year. I find I rarely revisit them. What did you do?

Hi Andy,  I would be interested in your STRAD magazines so that I could fill out some large gaps in my collection. I live down the coast from you about 250mi. and would be willing to come pick them up. My daughter lives in SF so it would be a good excuse to go visit. Contact me at wrens@charter.net . Thanks, Ken Renz

I suspect this would be too much of a hassle to pull out one issue, but if for some reason the July 2002 issue of the Strad were available, I would love to have it, since it has Jacob Saunders' article on a violin by Magnus Anton Fichtl, who made my violin.

Stephan, I don't know for sure, but I suspect there is and the publisher would be able to give you a link.

I have now found homes for these magazines so please consider this thread closed.

Thank you for your inquiries.

Andy