Help identifying this violin

I wouldn't think it appropriate to comment on a violin like this without knowing who the seller was, and what they said the violin was ...
Very pretty instrument.

I have no idea what the previous poster's concerns are, but it sounds like he would never buy a Gennaro Gagliano!

Seller states (according to written statement) that it's Italian second half 18th century. I actually tend to agree with this.

My first impression was Carcassi but the more I look at it the more I deviate from this and am clueless on what it might be.. I can't even identify a region or school.

The price is low €1x.xxx which seems cheap if it's really an Italian 18th century instrument in this condition... too good to be true?

akaBobH I don't see any red flags nor problems with the upper c corner, please clarify.

Cause I don't have any clue the naive question is, does the seller bring any certificate from a serious expert to give evidence that it's italian and 18th century, and not from elsewhere?

BTW, the varnish appears to be extremely hard and shining (shellac?) and there's probably a heavy touch-up at the bottom joint (5th photo), the chamfers at pegbox' back look like artificially rounded, not naturally - what ever this means.

"KEMPTER, Andreas Born 1701 Lechbruck, Allgäu, died 1786 Denklingen, Landsberg Germany. His name appears in the records of Füssen, where he was probably apprenticed. Active in Dillingen from 1725."

http://www.amati.com/maker/kempter-andreas

Just as you name it, the ffs are typical Füssen "diaspora", I should have seen it before B):D .

Would be a rare thing.

Overcoated?

Going by the more obvious indicators one can see by zooming and manipulating the downloaded images (BOB corners, scroll fluted completely in front, flutes lack "delta" in back, grafted scroll, center joint in lower bout rib [which could always be a repair], "bloated" arching, signs of being played w/o a chinrest, etc.), plus Jacob's expert opinion, looks to me like some older South German production with an interesting mixture of traits.  IMHO, not Italian, but not rubbish, either.  :)

Can we see a Füssen example that looks like this violin? It  actually remind me of a violin we discussed here a couple of years ago that was on ebay and had a hill certificate saying it to be albani but it obviously wasn't, then one was in Holland even prettier, too bad I can't find the topic any more..

Nvm, found it: http://www.maestronet.com/forum/index.php?/topic/330132-m-albani/?hl=albani

I guess estimate of 10-12 is hefty for a Füssen violin :)

I guess estimate of 10-12 is hefty for a Füssen violin :)

Not as "retail" for a well preserved mid 18th Füssen, I'm supposing.

Can't see why it suddenly should be devaluated, only for turning from a questionable "italian" into a rare south german masterpiece.

Or is it myth and illusion only what you're gonna pay for?

For another example, look at Jacob's Ott

http://www.maestronet.com/forum/index.php?/topic/330865-early-f%C3%BCssen-makers-johannes-ott/?hl=%2Bott+%2Bf%C3%BCssen

Possibly the scroll of the OP is manipulated in some way to Italianize it?