Maestronet Forums

Juzek Cello Peg Shaper

GrassStain

I am in need of a set of instructions or preferably a video on the set up of the Juzek Cello Peg Shaper. Mine was working fine and mid way through the 3rd peg it simply quit cutting?  I see you can move the cutting blade, and also move the top adjusting housing taper and move left to right. I have tried my best and simply can not get it to cut.

Thank you,

Greg

• 3 months later...

I have the same shaper. Just put the reamer on it (opened to the max. size). Then with a allen key move the part of the housing to make match the taper. With the same key move the cutting blade to touch the reamer (be sure to have the part of the reamer that is totally round to that side). It must just be touching, not really pushing inside. Then it's done. You can play a little with it, to find a setting for confortable to you (the deeper you put the blade, the more rough and fast it will cut). If it is cutting too rough, or breaking the wood, or not cutting at all, it could also be not sharp anymore. Then just take the blade apart and sharpen it.

Sorry I don't have how to make a video to show it!!