Maestronet Forums

Strad Posters

theknowle

Oh dear! Have I really understood it correctly that the Strad no longer includes posters in its subscription price?

Subscribers now apparently receive a discount on the poster price but the inclusion of 2 posters per year was the main reason why I subscribed to the print edition of the magazine. Am I being too greedy to hope I am wrong?

I am not sure that is correct.

Last week I received a huge poster of the Brusilow GdG with the February edition.

The poster was on superb material that feels much thicker/hardier than all the others I have received before.

So on that score I would say BRAVO the Strad - this will keep me as a subscriber.

I also received the GdG Brusilow, and it is an excellent poster, though one of the interior folded corners has lost a bit of colored printing.  In an email to me yesterday, Strad said new subscribers - not sure if current subscribers are also elligible - receive 35% off *any* Strad poster.

In another note: I received the January and February editions nearly simultaneously, though in different wrappers.  Does this happen to anyone else State side?

My February issue had no poster.  But I got an email saying I could get 10% off the new poster.  Why is everyone treated differently?

Ken

I received no poster...   just disgusting...

I contacted The Strad last month to inform them of my displeasure at their decision to discontinue posters, and that I would likewise no longer subscribe.  I questioned whether they were making an economic decision to cater more towards players than makers.  I also informed them that based on our previous subscription agreement I was still owed 1 poster.  I got the February issue with the Brusilow GdG as my final issue last week.  If you had a subscription prior to their change in policy, then I believe your current subscription agreement should require The Strad to provide the poster promised with each annual subscription.  My 0.02 cents.

-Jim 

I would find the stats really interesting...

1. What percentage of subscribers want the poster?

2. What percentage use the poster?

3. What percentage toss the poster?

4.  What does it cost to print a poster?

But yes...who gets a poster and who doesn't...that should be clearly stated somewhere.

4.  What does it cost to print a poster?

But yes...who gets a poster and who doesn't...that should be clearly stated somewhere.

All I know is that it doesn't cost much more to print a thousand than a hundred. Or ten. The cost per copy goes down rapidly as the volume goes up. Most of the cost is in making plates and press set-up.

Well, I have to post that today I got my poster.  It didn't come 5 weeks ago when the magazine came with the article on the del Gesu.  As Janito said, it does seem to be on better stock.  Why didn't they just say that the poster would come in the following issue?  Why don't they come out and say what their subscription policy is?  Why don't they have more of their posters in stock?  Very bad pr department as far as I can tell.  Oh well.  Last issue.

Ken