Sign in to follow this  
Advocatus Diaboli

Strad (and other) models database?

The Kreisler Guarneri del Gesù.  Inner rib outline taken from the CT Scan near the back.  Sound holes from LoC image with dimensions.  Outer edge of lines = edge. CM scale included.  Note asymmetry of treble sound hole eyes. 

post-35343-0-44556200-1458333204_thumb.jpg

Kreisler Form A3.pdf

Kreisler Form Tabloid.pdf

Kreisler Form Letter-1.pdf

Kreisler Form Letter-2.pdf

Kreisler Form A4-1.pdf

Kreisler Form A4-2.pdf

This is long overdue - thank you Addie for all the work here.  I really appreciated the S form drawing.  It was nice to compare against what I already had and make a minor adjustment to an area that I was never quite sure of with my original drawing.   Anyway, I appreciate it!

James

Here are a couple of jpegs showing the A. Guarneri pattern from Fiorini, the Kreisler del Gesu at LoC, and the MM Stainer.  The second image is just the MM Stainer and the LoC Kreisler.

post-35343-0-94101600-1458510213_thumb.jpg

post-35343-0-82199100-1458510226_thumb.jpg

Hi Addie,

I (we) appreciate all the work that you have done and continue to do but I would like to know how you produce the outline in Illustrator.   I have used Photoshop but I find tracing an outline quite tedious.  Is it easier in Illustrator?  I have a lot of violin images that I also would like to convert to just a simple outline.  Can you briefly share your expertise or point to a tutorial?

thanks

Like anything else, experience counts... but yes, Illustrator is made for drawing. For quick-and-dirty, try the auto trace in Illustrator.

P.S. The first comparisons I did in this topic were auto traced. Convert your raster image to black (100%) on a white background, then open in .ai and auto trace. It should only take a few minutes.