Sign in to follow this  
duane88

Joe Robson

Does anyone know is Joe Robson is alive or dead? I've called twice, as has a friend, and I want to give him some money!!

While the sun is out here in the Pacific Northwest I'd like to varnish a few things.

I've bought in the past, but am down to the dregs...

Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

Duane

Does anyone know is Joe Robson is alive or dead? I've called twice, as has a friend, and I want to give him some money!!

While the sun is out here in the Pacific Northwest I'd like to varnish a few things.

I've bought in the past, but am down to the dregs...

Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

Duane

He is probably out fishing.

So far, I am alive....fishing is currently posponed until the end of July.

I've been in Cleveland the past week or so.  We were helping out with babysitting one of my grandsons as he was between school and summer programs and both his parents were working.  I did have some varnishing  time...varnish gypsy pictures attached.  I needed to get instuments completed for show and tell during my upcoming visit to the Oberlin Makers' Workshop...so what little time I had went to that.

I am back in the shop and will catch up with the phone.  If I do not pick up your call, please leave me a message.  For some reason I get a lot of junk calls on that line and if there is no message attached to a phone number I assume it is a sales call.

Now I need to go fix the garden fence to keep the %$??!! woodchucks out.

on we go,

Joe

post-6284-0-24333600-1434031297_thumb.jpg

post-6284-0-95142300-1434031372_thumb.jpg

post-6284-0-19965200-1434031672_thumb.jpg

So far, I am alive....fishing is currently posponed until the end of July.

I've been in Cleveland the past week or so.  We were helping out with babysitting one of my grandsons as he was between school and summer programs and both his parents were working.  I did have some varnishing  time...varnish gypsy pictures attached.  I needed to get instuments completed for show and tell during my upcoming visit to the Oberlin Makers' Workshop...so what little time I had went to that.

I am back in the shop and will catch up with the phone.  If I do not pick up your call, please leave me a message.  For some reason I get a lot of junk calls on that line and if there is no message attached to a phone number I assume it is a sales call.

Now I need to go fix the garden fence to keep the %$??!! woodchucks out.

on we go,

Joe

Woodchucks can go under your fence unless the ground is nothing but concrete.  You need to find a way to make them go away permanently.

(Hmm. How about concrete ground for the violin? :D)

Here's my mobile critter repellent (except box turtles which some how got permision to roam the yard unmolested).  Of course then you have to worry about dog hair in your varnish.

post-58064-0-12103600-1434033500_thumb.jpg

My wife's garden is 60'x80'.  I built a fence 7' high [deer] and 2' underground[woodchucks].  Unfortunately we have had some freeze heaving and the woodchucks found it.  My experiments with concrete as ground have not made me happy.

Joe

I will do two week of violinmaking in Oberlin (phone will be switched off), catch up with Joe over there and then, go fishing for a whole week when I come back home. 

That is my plan. 

Have you tried urine?

Fox. ..coyote or human male all seems to work.

Must be replaced regularly. Biodegradable. ..and acts as fertilizer!

I have used fox urine to deter the skunks...

Don't see why dog urine wouldn't work...unless it needs to come from an intact male dog...if you don't have one maybe you could borrow a neighbour's?

Walkies! ;)

Woodchucks can go under your fence unless the ground is nothing but concrete.  You need to find a way to make them go away permanently.

10/22

Mmm - somewhere I still have my Free Pistol - used to be able to "walk" a matchbox at 50 m. Mmm - wonder if I could still do it?

cheers edi

ps How many woodchucks would it take to make a decent winter coat - yesterday I attended a 09h00 meeting at a hospital where the other guys failed to show up. Most exciting thing on offer was watching a molehill being increased in size. Busy chappy - he at least was out of the wind. I had 15 kph at 13C. Not happy.

"Does anyone know is Joe Robson is alive or dead? I've called twice, as has a friend, and I want to give him some money!!"

I heard a rumor that Robson was shot and killed by a cop, for having threateningly long hair, while on his way to the convenience store to buy Skittles.