Maestronet Forums

German factory bow?

Tim C

Since everybody is quite, maybe I should provide more information for the bow :)

I bought this bow from a local musician as a German factory bow of 1900s (from flea market I would guess), but the quality is quite different from those ordinary factory made I usually see - wood choice, workmanship, the design of the head is "cello like", and the playability is good too.

If this is just an ordinary cheap German bow, can anyone suggest where I can get plenty of this? Because it does sound better than some of my more expensive french bows.

...If this is just an ordinary cheap German bow, can anyone suggest where I can get plenty of this? Because it does sound better than some of my more expensive french bows.

You may find many cheap German bows that would work well with your instrument, but there are probably many more that you would not like.  The only way you can know which bows you would like the sound of is to try them.