Maestronet Forums

Tarisio New York May

Omobono

That's quite a hefty retail price for a Sartory ... but it ticks all the boxes - early work, great condition, ideal weight, good certificate.

Left the Kittel behind.

Somebody really wanted it from the start and the last day was to and fro between two bidders.

What about the $150K for the Oddone cello?

How would that go as against retail?

http://tarisio.com/auctions/auction/lot/?csid=2198159360&cpid=3328147456&filter_key=9d370de330504955b0ff79b8a9909f1c

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Strad attracted not one bid and was passed in.

Nor any interest in the Andrea Guarneri.

The Pressenda - one bid and a sale on the lower reserve - pretty back that!

The two Gand fiddles also have attractive backs.

Overall, I guess it would be a successful event

but I'm sure they would have liked their star item to have shone!

A bunch of Beckers and Tubb bows left over too.

DLB

The Tubbs bows that are unsold are all very light and not his finest work (being polite here..) good ones easily fetch 10k, too bad they are dumped right now some are really really good (like the one I have of course) very interesting almost old French playing characteristics.

The Tubbs bows that are unsold are all very light and not his finest work (being polite here..) good ones easily fetch 10k, too bad they are dumped right now some are really really good (like the one I have of course) very interesting almost old French playing characteristics.

Do you think any of the unsold lots are exceptional?

I thought it was odd that the Tubbs bows were all quite light.  I wonder if they all were made that way on purpose for someone? I doubt Tubb would not have been able to control the weight of his bows.

DLB

Coincidence? There are a lot of Tubbs out there you'll almost always see at least one at auction. Some are very good some are not so good as with any maker goes.

Didn't he mount too light bows in gold? His birthday bows; that he mounted in gold, are often of inferior quality but sell for big bucks.