Sign in to follow this  
Kallie

Looking for the Viola sheet music for Gabriel Fauré: Élégie Op. 24

Does anyone perhaps have this sheet music, for viola, in the alto clef? I can only find versions in Treble and Bass clef, and unfortunately even though I can read both on the corrosponding instruments like Piano and Violin, I cannot put the fingers to the notes when playing the notes written in those clefs while playing viola.

It was hard enough having to learn the alto clef, but now having to read Treble and Bass and Alto when playing viola seems a BIT harsh. :D

Thank you. :)

Vioists read treble clef all the time.  I don't see why it's harsh. :D

Can't you just type in the cello part in some notation software and does an octave transposition?  I use Lilypond for this and it is a piece of cake (once you know how to use Lilypond that is.)

Vioists read treble clef all the time.  I don't see why it's harsh. :D

Can't you just type in the cello part in some notation software and does an octave transposition?  I use Lilypond for this and it is a piece of cake (once you know how to use Lilypond that is.)

Having to read it on 2 different 4 stringed instruments, each being different from the other can get rather confusing. Though it is possible ofcourse, just very frustrating.... Especially during the fast bits.

I tried retyping it with Musescore but dont fully understand the program yet so there are parts which takes very long still. Was hoping maybe someone already did that and wouldnt mind sharing. :P

Does anyone perhaps have this sheet music, for viola, in the alto clef? I can only find versions in Treble and Bass clef, and unfortunately even though I can read both on the corrosponding instruments like Piano and Violin, I cannot put the fingers to the notes when playing the notes written in those clefs while playing viola.

It was hard enough having to learn the alto clef, but now having to read Treble and Bass and Alto when playing viola seems a BIT harsh. :D

Thank you. :)

Luyben Music

{816} 753-7111

Kansas City, Missouri

I just pretend my viola is a violin, but the piano part would be a bit harder.  I have always been grateful that I did not have to do the gymnastics required of brass players with instruments in different keys.  Trumpet players wind up with a dozen horns....hmmm..maybe it's not so bad after all :-)

I get a lot of free sheet music that is in public domain at http://imslp.org  where you can download as a .pdf scores and parts, review and print if you want.

Thank you for sharing the link. Ive also been getting most of my music from there. Wonderful website.

Check w/International Music 0896. Edited by Katims.  I just checked their website, and it isn't currently listed under that number, but I came across where they renumbered some editions, and that may be one that is listed differently. Just ask them about it.