Promoting a community orchestra in :36 seconds

Taking advantage of a willing music director, a 15 year old with a Gopro, a great score, and a healthy obsession with all things time lapse, I created what I think is a unique promotional teaser for a local community orchestra. The goal was to create something that was compelling to a broad audience of social media savvy viewers and interesting to watch and listen to even if you've never been to a orchestra concert!

The soundtrack is a recording of the Lansdowne Symphony Orchestra performing the first movement of Prokofiev's Piano Concerto #3, op.26, with student soloist competition winner, Amanda Liu. The fast moving last :36 seconds of the movement perfectly captured the time lapse motion, and we timed the last chord with the “lights out” for maximum effect.

I also play/am active with our community orchestra.  We are also trying to update our visuals...and I like your concept!  Cute!  Maybe a photo at the end of everyone in full dress as seen from the front row (or something similar?)

I actually love just being 'in' the middle of orchestra.  When I'm not playing (part of a piece, or an entire piece) it is so cool just to sit there and hear the rest of the orchestra all around you.  Maybe a collage of what you see from different musicians POVs?  So...a bit from the brass...then from the woodwinds...then from percussion...violins, violas, cellos...bass.  It all looks different.  Then finish off with what the conductor sees.

Just an idea!

I also play/am active with our community orchestra.  We are also trying to update our visuals...and I like your concept!  Cute!  Maybe a photo at the end of everyone in full dress as seen from the front row (or something similar?)

I actually love just being 'in' the middle of orchestra.  When I'm not playing (part of a piece, or an entire piece) it is so cool just to sit there and hear the rest of the orchestra all around you.  Maybe a collage of what you see from different musicians POVs?  So...a bit from the brass...then from the woodwinds...then from percussion...violins, violas, cellos...bass.  It all looks different.  Then finish off with what the conductor sees.

Just an idea!

Great!  I will try this - thank you!

Kevin