Maestronet Forums

puns are the lowest form of humor

MeyerFittings

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Erich Korngold did the orchestration for his overture to the 1938 movie "Adventures of Robin Hood" (for which he won an Academy Award) he insisted that the string section use nothing but Markneukirchen instruments.

-_-

He needed as much saxon violins as possible......... :) 

When Erich Korngold did the orchestration for his overture to the 1938 movie "Adventures of Robin Hood" (for which he won an Academy Award) he insisted that the string section use nothing but Markneukirchen instruments.

-_-

Yes, I recall, Norman del Mar was conducting orchestra.  :D 

Hey, I’m too old for this…

I’m de bussy man and have no time to spent foure hours folie-ing around on Massenet every day. So, I berg you all to stop with this Devil’s thread.

-_-

That's the one where Errol Flynn says "Welcome to Tonewood Forest"?

I know, everyone thinks it's Sherwood Forest. If it's tonewood, it's Sher-expensive-wood. "Run, Forrest, run!" Oops, wrong movie. I wonder if he was ever in Birnam Wood?

That's the one where Errol Flynn says "Welcome to Tonewood Forest"?

I know, everyone thinks it's Sherwood Forest. If it's tonewood, it's Sher-expensive-wood. "Run, Forrest, run!" Oops, wrong movie. I wonder if he was ever in Birnam Wood?

It’s all written in the screenplay – BOOKS-TE-HODE

Mordredactor! Please stop this, or at least stop meee!!!

All you punners would enjoy a song Perry Como put out in the late 1950s maybe early 1960s.  The lyrics consisted of puns on US state names.  One line that I can't shake from my head is: "What did Wiscon-sin, boys, stole a New-brass-key. Too bad that Arkan-saw, boys, and so did Tennessee.  It made poor Flori-die, boys, it made poor Flori-die, you see, she died in Miz-zor-ee, she died in Miz-zor-ee."

Getting old doesn't have many advantages.  But if memory loss allows me to forget that song, getting old just might be worth it.

All you punners would enjoy a song Perry Como put out in the late 1950s maybe early 1960s.  The lyrics consisted of puns on US state names.  One line that I can't shake from my head is: "What did Wiscon-sin, boys, stole a New-brass-key. Too bad that Arkan-saw, boys, and so did Tennessee.  It made poor Flori-die, boys, it made poor Flori-die, you see, she died in Miz-zor-ee, she died in Miz-zor-ee."

Getting old doesn't have many advantages.  But if memory loss allows me to forget that song, getting old just might be worth it.

The song is "Delaware"  A much expanded version with more info is found here.  You just never know what you'll learn next on MN  :lol:

Shelly and her mom stood in line to sign in to enter the museum.  In front of them in line stood the sisters from the local religious order.  To mom's surprise, Shelly dashed to the front of the line and grabbed the pen from one of the sisters.  Mom grabbed Shelly and admonished her:  "Wait till the nun signs, Shelly."