Jump to content
Maestronet Forums

What chinrest model is this?


Recommended Posts

From what I've seen and tried, the closest wood version of the plastic chinrest you've pictured is the so called "stradivari"  chinrest.  It mounts over the tailpiece with cup to the left, like the guarneri chinrest.  But the strad's cup is smaller and deeper than the guarneri's and the hump over the tailpiece is higher in the strad.


Some images, with no intent to endorse a specific seller:


From stradivarishop.com


From gotzmusic.de


From gostrings.com


Steven Csik

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...