Maestronet Forums

I cannot resist posting this.

not telling

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to hear her take on the difference between Strad and Guarneri F-holes:

"Hi everybody.  I'm the cute and bubbly Kendall.  Today I'm going to tell you all about F HOLES.  Can you say, 'F Holes?'   Well, they are the holes in a violin that allow the little man inside who is playing the record let the sound out  to charm the world.  Without F Holes, the little man would not have a job at all.  Now the difference between Stradivari—he's the man who invented violins and violin music—and Guarneri—he's the man who didn't like the way Mr. Stradivari made violins, so decided to make them different—is that Stradivari violins have F Holes that look like Stradivari made them and Guarneri violins have F Holes that look like he didn't know how to make Stradivari F Holes.  Well, that's all for now.  I hope I cleared this up for you.  Next time I'll talk about what to do when you are practicing on a balcony and a wind whips your violin out of your hand and dashes it against the walls of a hot dog cart 40 stories below in downtown Manhatten.  Bye, bye!"

Guffaw!

Will, you be da funniest man around !

(the above is absolutely hilarious - thanks for that break!)

Thanks a lot for posting this, not telling -  (guffaw!)

I'm literally spellbound by these clips. Perhaps not in a good way, but spellbound none the less.

I have to r........e.........t...........u..........r............n now, as difficult as it may be, to my regular life - where things make sense and I can go about my business and get some work done...

But wait, there's more...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6yhaFmjYlA4

awww. she's cute ...totally reminds me of my sixteen yr old daughter ..the singing and dancing to pop tunes part ...not the 'I'm so terribly wrong ...but think I'm right' part........having the time of her life .Mine just got her drivers license ...watch out world!

Maybe some one from here would contact her and just hint that oiling a violin is not cool ...peace.

I think you're right.  After watching some more of her violin videos, I am convinced that she is not joking.  Her vibrato video made my jaw drop.

Yeah, I’m still searching for the fretboard on my violin.   Maybe only Chinese violins with 4 fine tuners have them?  I also liked the “air vibrato” in the viola video.  The music stopped, you can stop the vibrato.   :o

Yep, she may not be joking. She looks very near laughter at some points, but maybe she is smiling like that for another reason. She looks like she just screwed someone over and she is waiting for them to figure it out, or maybe she is just smug. I have other, NSFM theories. Never mind.

Am I immature for being absolutely transfixed by the turd sandwich? Fine, but I need the levity and I see nothing wrong with sharing my food with you all.

You're welcome, Craig, and everyone else who is willing to allow the mysteries of Kendall's simple mind to boggle yours.

Am I immature for being absolutely transfixed by the turd sandwich? Fine, but I need the levity and I see nothing wrong with sharing my food with you all.

Thats it not how the joke works. You're supposed to say : " I two it." 

You need to be more complicit in my madness. 

Anyway the third explanation for why this wacky woman makes disinformation videos is that they are samples of her acting for commercials. She may be using them as a way of showing she can do commercial acting work. And the viola playing can also be for acting work, Many actors begin by working as characters like musicians in films. If you can marginally play it looks like you are playing in the film, then of course a studio musician actually plays the music which the Foley and music directors edit in. 

This is the only explanation I can think of other than she is completely insane. She has the manic energy of a seeking work actor.