Photographs of makers

Perhaps you could post on this forum:

http://genforum.genealogy.com/mohr/

That's no joke. Having a bow by Otto Wunderlich, I stumbled across a post on a genealogy forum asking for information about him. I responded, saying that I knew he sold bows, and made violins. I ended up receiving a lot of history, including photos of him as a young man in Amsterdam, of his shop in Moscow, and possibly in Markneukirchen, with some showing him working at his bench. And finally, a photo of him and his wife on a ship, en route to New York, where they stayed. And I learned that he almost certainly didn't make bows. Prominent makers in Germany made them for him, though.

Not a relative, of course, but you never know where such a query might lead.

Completely agree. I posted the link seriously, I thought she (Kate) were very lucky there were a genealogy forum specially dedicated to the Mohr surname. 

Didn't think you made it in jest.  Just meant it's not at all a bad idea.  I once posted on a forum asking about some ancestors around Bergen, and someone volunteered to do a bit of research at the university there.  Turned out I was related to his wife! So, surprises abound.

Ummm... Wasn't that his wife's hair, and she revenged herself for his earlier slapping by not giving it to him?  If  Gunnarr had had a yummy mane like Fabio, he maybe could have fixed his cut bowstring, but he was doomed anyway  :P

Besides being a hunk and a half, Fabio Lanzoni is notable as being the only person I know of who ever suffered a bird strike (and a Canada goose at that) while riding a roller coaster.  :lol:

The amount of knowledge you have memorized about Sig. Fabio is truly concerning.  Have you seen a doctor about this? Have you had any head truama you can remember in the recent past? 

Kate , you know that he´s listed in the Grünke /Schmidt book about german bow makers vol. II p.86 with some biographical information and pictures of a bow?

Best regards Mat

That's where I first heard about him. Unfortunately he was only 31 when he died, it does have a few pictures of bows but no picture of him. I wanted to find a portrait to hang on our wall next to Dodd and other bow makers that line the staircase. I don't think it mentioned the number of bows he made so I'm curious to how few there are out there.