Photographs of makers

In case you don't succeed at finding a genuine photo to put up in the workshop, perhaps we could offer some substitute candidates? :)

How about this? (I think his name was Fabio Mohrzoni, or something like that)

38892.jpg

If you zoom out he's actually holding a violin and bow....

It didn’t work for Gunnarr, Burnt Njal’s buddy.   :o

Ummm... Wasn't that his wife's hair, and she revenged herself for his earlier slapping by not giving it to him?  If  Gunnarr had had a yummy mane like Fabio, he maybe could have fixed his cut bowstring, but he was doomed anyway  :P

Besides being a hunk and a half, Fabio Lanzoni is notable as being the only person I know of who ever suffered a bird strike (and a Canada goose at that) while riding a roller coaster.  :lol:

Ummm... Wasn't that his wife's hair, and she revenged herself for his earlier slapping by not giving it to him?  If  Gunnarr had had a yummy mane like Fabio, he maybe could have fixed his cut bowstring, but he was doomed anyway  :P

A+ if you knew that,

C- if you googled it.  dwarf.gif

A+ if you knew that,

C- if you googled it.  dwarf.gif

Lest it lead to another epic cycle of insults, revenge, violence and bloodshed interspersed with recourse to a public forum and general acts of stupidity (which predated and possibly foreshadowed MN by hundreds of years), I'll let that one pass  :P  :lol:

Cute annoyed Viking, BTW.

Lest it lead to another epic cycle of insults, revenge, violence and bloodshed interspersed with recourse to a public forum and general acts of stupidity (which predated and possibly foreshadowed MN by hundreds of years), I'll let that one pass  :P  :lol:

Cute annoyed Viking, BTW.

OK, fine, but can I see your cheese mould?  smiley-rpg014.gif

OK, fine, but can I see your cheese mould?  smiley-rpg014.gif

[Picking up a blunt instrument] It is no man’s business to trouble himself with housekeeping.............. :P

Interestingly enough, there is a Fiddle in it.  :ph34r:

[Picking up a blunt instrument] It is no man’s business to trouble himself with housekeeping.............. :P

Interestingly enough, there is a Fiddle in it.  :ph34r:

You win... I don’t remember that!   My Raven Banner’s at the cleaners, so I’ll have to wave something else in surrender...  surrender.gif

You win... I don’t remember that!   My Raven Banner’s at the cleaners, so I’ll have to wave something else in surrender...  surrender.gif

Why, Mord Fiddle (O. N. Gigya >> Ger. Geige), of course.  :)  :lol:  One imagines that a Viking fiddle looked like a Byzantine lyra.

The current unhistorical History Channel retelling of the Ragnar saga is probably better for this audience. [Drains her horn of wine and shouts "Send in the guards!"]  :rolleyes:  :lol:

Oh my, how shockingly unsavory and sexist (as if those of the male gender were no more than a piece of meat)!

There are young and impressionable children present, you know, as anyone  can see from Matthew's avatar photo. smash.gif:D

attachicon.gif75dfefc9fa4fa9ec5fa4a87f6a8529c6.jpeg

David, are you saying I'm impressionable or my daughter?:)

Has anyone ever heard of Peter Mohr? He made bows in the 1960's his brand was frenchified to Pierre Maure. I thought it would be really cool if we could find a picture of him to put in our shop. Has anyone ever seen a picture of Pierre Maure or seen any of his bows?

Perhaps you could post on this forum:

http://genforum.genealogy.com/mohr/