Sign in to follow this  
Woodland

Mammoth ivory tusk pieces and scrap pernambuco for sale

Those are some beautiful pieces of bark. I would recommend someone that does knife handles or gun grips, that is the stuff they drool over. Especially that blue piece right on top to the left.

Thanks! My tattoo artist made it for me, it's going to be made permanent in February ;-)

Woodland, you could always contact David Warther, he is the one that sells mammoth and tip armor tips. He might buy what you have and resell it. Never hurts to ask.

Not sure if you have any of the ivory left, but if you do please call, text or email me ASAP!!! My name is Jeff, and my phone number is2344104185. My email jeffdish@msn.com . Thank you

Sorry, pernambuco sold out and mammoth withdrawn from sale. Neither is available.

UPDATE: AS OF AUGUST 2018, ILLINOIS HAS SINCE ENACTED A TOTAL BAN ON THE SALE OF ALL IVORY, INCLUDING MAMMOTH.

On 7/12/2019 at 9:09 PM, Soap said:

Not sure if you have any of the ivory left, but if you do please call, text or email me ASAP!!! My name is Jeff, and my phone number is2344104185. My email jeffdish@msn.com . Thank you

Where are you? It's not illegal in Oregon.

Under the cover of darkness, with his headlights turned off, the stealthy luthier drives across the border to attend a prearranged rendezvous with the sad vendor of the highly prized, banned, material. Reluctantly, and with furtive gazes around them,  they exchange parcels. Not a word is spoken. The silence is complete but for the rustling of the leaves and the chirps of crickets. With a slight nod of his head to signal his farewell, the vendor tucks his slim parcel into his jacket pocket, turns and heads to his favourite local hangout, to drown his loss in a pint of beer. The luthier quietly drives his vehicle back over the border to his home state. Once safely there, he turns on his headlights and...

... shouts "YEEHA"!!!! It's MINE!!! It's all MINE!!!!

Wow, Rue, you captured my wife at "the chirps of crickets". Perhaps it's time to think of new horizons. Oh, I could tell you stories -- if only i didn't have all these pegs to make.

I hope you realized I was complimenting your novelette.  I like the thought of some long dead beast,  butchered by Stone Age axes and buried for 20,000 years in the tundra, having his remains salvaged and used, honored, and honed, into something of beauty. I like the fact that this precious material is significantly different than the tusks of modern elephants and is used by thoughtful craftsman purposefully as an alternative substance to elephant ivory. I don't like the fact that human regulators are too lazy or too stupid to tell the difference, and posit some non-existent scam to sneak the parts of endangered species into the musical instrument making business by disguising them as something that has been extinct for milliennia.  

Yes! Thank you!

I also rather like the idea of mammoth ivory being used, and appreciated,  in a useful manner...

To have, and use, a bit of an ancient artefact on a daily basis, is awesome.