Sign in to follow this  
Hans Pluhar

Choosing your wood

This method works best when using split wood, like in the video. The only difference between the way he does it, and the way I do it, is that he uses his knuckle to tap the wood, and I use a small mallet. Still, he got a good clear knock his way.

Great post Hans although I'd rather see something off your bench...It seems like violinmaking is a destination if you fail as a stand up comedian. Still a lot of funny stuff lately here.

Cheers-

hi emviolins. Thanks. Not exactly off my bench, but I just found out the young violinist playing Bartok on my violin here http://www.hanspluhar.com/stradivarimodel.html won a concertmaster audition for the Aachen Symphony Orchester in Germany with his Pluhar violin, so that is nice to hear.....

On another note I just came across this and I bet many of you know this since it has been viewed more than 2,5 m times. Anyway, sorry to bore you...but I found it wonderful especially the bit how this clarinet sounds in the end! So worth waiting for the end.

Hans