Sign in to follow this  
Kallie

What do you think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-18thC-1739-Antique-Italian-Guaneri-44-Violin-Joseph-Guarnerius-NR-/141356739222

"....Inside this Violin is the original paper label which reads, “Joseph Guarnerius fects, Cremone anno 1739.” On the right hand side of this label is a Cross over the letters IHS. I found that this Violin is authentic because of the Cross and HIS on the right hand side of the label. Copies of these violins do not have this marking. I guarantee, 100%, plus shipping, that this is an authentic 1739 Guarnerius Violin. "

Interesting that this violin was sold by wwolst in 2012 and they do give a 100% guarantee to return full amount. 2 years later a different seller all the way across the country relists it in the same condition. Since they paid so much for it and could return it if not satisfied, why relist on ebay?

Interesting that this violin was sold by wwolst in 2012 and they do give a 100% guarantee to return full amount. 2 years later a different seller all the way across the country relists it in the same condition. Since they paid so much for it and could return it if not satisfied, why relist on ebay?

I was wondering this myself. This violin has been listed many times on eBay. Found another link from May, 2014, but the listing was ended before completion. Few other non-completeled listings was also found..

Maybe someone bought it in 2012 hoping the value wouldve gone up now. :D

Someone better tell those Carpenters about it. It is guaranteed...they can't lose...

;)

The same photos and verbage are being used. It appears that dontbealaker8r805 has had his/her account hijacked and this sale is fraudulent.

Could be the same seller, different account, reselling due to some other reason?

I think you should buy it Kallie. Free it from its eBay hell. ..

With a little TLC...

I think you should buy it Kallie. Free it from its eBay hell. ..

With a little TLC...

I really loved the look of this violin ever since I first saw it. Would most definitely have bought it if it were to sell for a lower decent price. But doubt I just have 4k lying around (which is what it "sold" for last year. :P )

The violin and bow itself aren't that bad; I would agree with Peter, who identified it as a "1850/60 Mirecourt from the Caussin school", the bow probably from the same origin.

It's the condition what counts it down (and the $ 120 shipping, and added import taxes) otherwise 400 could be a deal, couldn't it? (or did I miss one or two zeros?)

Check between the couch cushions... ;)

You know... My birthday is coming up..... *hint hint*. :D

The violin and bow itself aren't that bad; I would agree with Peter, who identified it as a "1850/60 Mirecourt from the Caussin school", the bow probably from the same origin.

It's the condition what counts it down (and the $ 120 shipping, and added import taxes) otherwise 400 could be a deal, couldn't it? (or did I miss one or two zeros?)

I'd pay 400 for it. Problem is that it "sold" for 4000 last time.