Maestronet Forums

I signed up to put an instrument in the VSA.  I planned on just looking around on Friday and Saturday, and asked the VSA if that was possible.  They said that I could do that, but I would have to stay in the public areas.  That doesn't help much.  Can you just walk in and see the instruments without registering for the convention? If not, I'll have to ante up.

I hope to get a plus and not a minus.

Ken

Thanks Dave, I am excited.  This site is very strange.  I changed my password the other day, and sign in and out, instead of just staying logged on.  When I long in to post, the first post won't work, and the page flickers.  Then the next one will work.  Someone hacking?

Ken

David is correct, as usual. :-)  

Discounted attendance fees are available for competitors again this year. Your name tag gets you in to see

the competition room full of instruments and bows

lectures and panel discussions

the vendors room

many concerts, 

the acoustics exhibit with cool experimental instruments

and any other exhibits there might be. In the past there have been exhibits of older instruments as well.

There is an opening reception that your badge lets you into.  

Important note for first time attendees: The announcements of the competition winners is made at the ceremonial dinner- that event is NOT included in the registration fees, and always sells out. 

This year is a unique convention. It will be held concurrently and in overlapping spaces with the International Violin Competition of Indianpolis. It will be interesting to follow along. I have never been at a playing competition of this caliber. I can't wait. 

I know it will come off smoothly, because Christopher Germain is handling all of the details of this complex puzzle. 

Marilyn Wallin

Lincoln, Nebraska

Thanks Dave, I am excited.  This site is very strange.  I changed my password the other day, and sign in and out, instead of just staying logged on.  When I long in to post, the first post won't work, and the page flickers.  Then the next one will work.  Someone hacking?

Ken

I think the server is lagging... that's probably the reason. :)