Sign in to follow this  
makeABC

Angels with violins

I started reading Karl Roy's The Violin Its History and Making. The book has a historical overview with pictures of instruments. What I found amazing are the paintings of angels playing violins. Paintings from different ages and places on earth. Music made in heaven. Violins made in heaven.

Apostle Paul has heard music when he ascended to the third heaven.

I think that all of us reading this forum could say a prayer tonight before going to bed. What should we pray for? Should we ask God to send us an angel with the plans of his heavenly violin? Maybe not. Maybe the plans were already given to Stradivari long long time ago... 

Any prayer should do good.

Probably better that we never experience the perfect violin here. It gives us something to look forward to in the after-life.

[Finally yields to temptation] :rolleyes:   Pity, around here they only seem to show up playing kazoos.  [fumbles for glasses]  Oh, sorry, my bad, eagles again.  :lol:

I will be saying a prayer tonight, that other than in an historical context, religion never raises its ugly head on this site.

You said that much better than I would have Roger, thank you.

Here's a couple of my faves. No wings on the first angel and the second one is pretty devilish if you ask me.

If we're to believe Dr Who, don' t close your eyes when you look at this angel... :)

If we're to believe Dr Who, don' t close your eyes when you look at this angel... :)

Just a blink would be enough...but that wasn't a weeping angel hopefully!  :P