Does anyone else have problems, getting the posting window to copy or "quote" a post ? The function does not work anymore on my computer, and I'm curious if it's my crapola computer, or a problem with the site?

Works for me.

Interestingly (is that even a word?) enough, I cannot even copy and paste something, from another post in a new post of mine - in order to quote someone.

What the heck, is going on, Grrrr? I believe that this just started today... Does this have anything to do with the "pop up ads" that have suddenly started to appear here?

I have the same problem when I use Internet explorer (which work in general the best on my computer, surprisingly).  When I do "copy and paste" or Quote, I switch to my other browser.

I didn't have this problem 2-3 weeks before.  Not sure if there are some update for my IE or some changes here :(

Sorry Evan and thanks for answering about this, but there is no top anything for me to look at or any switch...

I'll find out what happened, if I have to choke the life out of this d**ned machine... Darned computers - any more they only seem to operate for so long, before the myriad of BS that exists out there, finds them, and infiltrates them. Of course I should have expected it since I did not buy a separate Anti Spyware program of any type...

My computer started to degrade when I contracted and could not get rid of, let me think, what was it again... Conduit?

Some BS like that, and then this game started. I was told that Conduit was a common "problem" program, and just one of many possible infiltrating programs out there.

Next computer I get, no one is going to use but me and my better half... as it stands now my whole family uses this computer as a sort of community computer for school and everything else, and I believe that this could well be how and why all of this started.

Ok sorry about the non violin related nature of this thread, and thanks for the answers and the help.

My mistake, thinking that it might be this site.

CraigT

Interestingly (is that even a word?) enough, I cannot even copy and paste something, from another post in a new post of mine - in order to quote someone.

What the heck, is going on, Grrrr? I believe that this just started today... Does this have anything to do with the "pop up ads" that have suddenly started to appear here?

Works for me, and interestingly is a word (adverb).

Scott

Sorry Evan and thanks for answering about this, but there is no top anything for me to look at or any switch...

I'll find out what happened, if I have to choke the life out of this d**ned machine... Darned computers - any more they only seem to operate for so long, before the myriad of BS that exists out there, finds them, and infiltrates them. Of course I should have expected it since I did not buy a separate Anti Spyware program of any type...

My computer started to degrade when I contracted and could not get rid of, let me think, what was it again... Conduit?

Some BS like that, and then this game started. I was told that Conduit was a common "problem" program, and just one of many possible infiltrating programs out there.

Next computer I get, no one is going to use but me and my better half... as it stands now my whole family uses this computer as a sort of community computer for school and everything else, and I believe that this could well be how and why all of this started.

Ok sorry about the non violin related nature of this thread, and thanks for the answers and the help.

CraigT

well the quote worked for me here but not in another thread.

Get AVG antivirus, it's free. and Get malwarebytes it's free also. run them both and it will clean a lot of crud out of your computer.

CraigT

Avira Anti Virus for home PC is free, works well & updates often. Try it.  Also buy the dowloadable "registry cleaner", it will clear up all the unnecessary junk files and will vastly improve performance -- one year service is about 25 bucks. JoeG

I uploaded some picture on how it works :)

First, press the on/off switch shown in the first picture. After you click the button, it should look like the second picture.

Then, type your reply where I type "just testing" :)

Thanks Evan

And, I think it is the IE11 thing...

post-69082-0-78063900-1393887485_thumb.png

post-69082-0-38057100-1393887486_thumb.png

post-69082-0-49067000-1393887487_thumb.png

I uploaded some picture on how it works :)

First, press the on/off switch shown in the first picture. After you click the button, it should look like the second picture.

Then, type your reply where I type "just testing" :)

Thanks Evan

And, I think it is the IE11 thing...

attachicon.gif001.png

attachicon.gif002.png

attachicon.gif003.png

I just tried to quote one after I flipped the switch,,

and it won't work,,,,,,

I flipped it again then got the quote above,,,,,,

You also have to flip it before it will copy and paste something,,,

like,,,,

4 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

I just tried to quote one after I flipped the switch,,and it won't work,,,,,,I flipped it again then got the quote above,,,,,,You also have to flip it before it will copy and paste something,,,like,,,,4 user(s) are reading this topic3 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Testing...on my phone...working...

I just tried to quote one after I flipped the switch,,

and it won't work,,,,,,

I flipped it again then got the quote above,,,,,,

You also have to flip it before it will copy and paste something,,,

like,,,,

4 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Okay! This does work on my non-quoting computer! Thanks!