Sign in to follow this  
violinoalto

You do not know what I made​​? Help

I wanted to make a new attempt with propolis soap fulton 

I thought that I remember how to do 

The formula is 100 gr propolis resin 300 ml water pka 3 g KOH solution, then with alum. 

I forgot to give 300 ml of water, and gave KOH straight to propolis heated in a water bath. Then I put in a hot solution of alum. 

Hu, boo, ouu originated clotted mass as Vaseline, displace water. I decanted water. 

Further warming, but grease is already in a water bath (100 degrees Celsius) a more softened zřemě it got much higher melting point than propolis. 

Insoluble in water. The turpentine-insoluble, alcohol soluble. 

After dilution with alcohol on wood very impressive per hour dry and not sticky. 

You do not know what I made​​? Fulon propolis soap that is not for sure.

I am a professional beekeeper who collect honey and Propolis from hives. I have an experience of 8 years in the field of beekeeping but the use of Propolis for violin is new to me. I would like to know more about how the Propolis is use in making of violin.

Propolis can be used as an ingredient in varnish and was mentioned at least as early as 1788 in a compilation various authors, and in particular, of Bonanni's works, by Agricola.  It was discussed in "The 'Secrets' of Stradivari," by Simone F. Sacconi in the 1970s.