Maestronet Forums

Advanced 1/32 violin

Rue

I'm apologizing in advance...I'm having my first coffee of the morning...I'm on holidays...and I had to laugh...and share ('cuz my better half doesn't quite get it...but then again I don't get his excitement over new golf clubs and innovations either...)

This is an advanced 1/32 violin (yes I know what it means...but I chose to read it 'wrong')...which just confirms what I already knew...that children aged 1-5 (the target consumer of this size instrument) are potentially better players than I am...

Now...what actually caught my eye was the bright yellow accessories...which caught my eye in a bad way...

Is this some staining trend I haven't yet come across...or just an experiment gone wrong...or is it just intended to appeal to the aesthetics of the toddler crowd?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/STUDENT-CHILD-1-32-GLORIA-1-VIOLIN-FLAMED-MAPLE-ACCESSORIES-CODE-B7577-/7406518818?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1b9768222

And why no fine tuners on this instrument?  No room?  Not of use? I have no experience with instruments smaller than a 3/4, so I really don't know...

I think, but of course it's only an opinion, that selling 1/32 "advanced" violins for 1-3 years old children is like selling an "advanced" low speed electron collider to lay people in the hope that one of them will discover a new physic law :)  think that most of the greatest violin players started taking violin lesson between 5 and 7, probably with no less than a 1/4 violin (or even larger)...