• 5 months later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Thanks!

Once I start varnishing, I usually get too absorbed in it to take photos (besides, my hands get super dirty), but this time I took my time to record what and how I do things. It's helped me to objectively see my own working method, which admittedly I tend not to think through deeply enough.     

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi,

Thanks for reminding me about that exhibition! 

I've checked my own photos, but I don't seem to have any images with other people in them. Such a shame, really. 
Anyway, here are the links to visitors' blog entries with some photos; 
http://lavender5a.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-538.html?sp
http://blog.livedoor.jp/cocotabi/archives/51698196.html

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2016. 10. 12. at 17:52, Tets Kimura said:

Már majdnem kész a Montaganana által ihletett cselló.

Új adag olajlakkot készítettem, hogy kipróbáljam ezen a hangszeren, és azt hiszem, még egy darabig ugyanazt a lakkot fogom használni, mivel nagyon elégedett vagyok vele. Ez egy rövid olajos lakk, de nem olyan rövid, mint a Brandmair és a Greiner által javasolt Stradivari Varnish. Az olaj/gyanta arány 2:3, plusz egy kis méhviasz. Oldószer nélkül alkalmazható.

Tudom, hogy még sokat kell tanulnom, de ha nem találkoztam Neil Ertzzel, biztos, hogy feleannyira nem lettem volna kompetens, mint most. Szóval még egyszer köszönöm Neil, és szeretném, ha továbbra is velünk lennél.

post-23932-0-46822900-1476286500_thumb.jpgpost-23932-0-28462500-1476286521_thumb.jpg

I really like your work! May I ask what the percentage of beeswax is?

Hi,

Thanks for your kind words. The percentage of bees wax is 5% of the total weight of the varnish. It depends on other ingredients as well, but if you add more than that, it will be far too chippy.

Have you seen that cello in real? I thought you might have, since it appears you're from Hungary, and the cello is currently used in Budapest.    

10 hours ago, Tets Kimura said:

Szia!

Köszönjük kedves szavait. A méhviasz százaléka a lakk teljes tömegének 5%-a. Más hozzávalóktól is függ, de ha ennél többet adsz hozzá, akkor túlságosan töredezett lesz.

Valóban láttad azt a csellót? Gondoltam, lehet, mert úgy tűnik, Magyarországról származol, és a csellót jelenleg Budapesten használják.    

Thank you for your quick reply. Unfortunately I didn't see the cello in real. Can I ask you who is the cello owner in Budapest? Maybe I'll have a chance to see the instrument.

On 10/25/2022 at 10:59 AM, Tets Kimura said:

The cello is owned and played by Yosuke Shimizu, who's won prizes at the David Popper Cello Competition. He's been studying in Budapest.

https://www.instagram.com/yo_cello_suke/

He's a young and exciting player.

My colleague and I watched the cello in person today. It is amazing! Congratulations for your wonderful job!