Sign in to follow this  
Melvin Goldsmith

Melvin Goldsmith bench

Melvin, your work is truly inspiring!  Your choice of non-standard woods and models are so much more interesting than the typical golden era strad copy. 
I'm looking forward to seeing more of your projects. 

On 3/12/2018 at 2:18 PM, Kevin Kelly said:

That looks awesome, Melvin. So cool.  Is that the RAM cello? 

You have a very fine eye Sir!

In answser to  varnish questions I leave some unfixed colour in the mix that  will go red, black brown or purple to reflect real handling ( hopefully)....more pics to come in the unlikely prospect process goes to plan

Thanks Jim......One of the most wonderful things about London was this is a free concert!!!!!  I think the recording gets into its own later around 44m..onwards... That is where  was aiming with the player...

It’s a fake! The violin sounds gorgeous.  If only the piano wasn’t so loud.. ;) 

I’m curious to see how much antiquing the cello will receive. 

On 3/11/2018 at 9:48 PM, Jeff Jetson said:

Magnificent varnish. Woukd also enjoy seeing a picture of the front of your new cello Melvin!

Here's a bit of a front shot....still a bit of work to do on the antiquing and polishing fronts plus final set up. We've had a bridge on for a couple of weeks now to see if the cello will move a bit but it seems very stable so it's pretty much ready to go to it's owner.  Ideally my client wants a French bridge with Olives. The initial plan was to play in on Steel strings and finalize the set up later but I already think olives will work so I will cut a French pattern Bridge.

Warren pic.jpg