Love the golden-brown color and the f-holes. Can we get a more front-on shot of the bridge? I like to see how others proportion the cutouts..

Love the golden-brown color and the f-holes. Can we get a more front-on shot of the bridge? I like to see how others proportion the cutouts..

Thanks ctanzio, I will put up some more images today

Thanks for the bridge pictures. The circular-ish kidneys look nicely proportioned. I haven't though of shaping them like that so maybe I will experiment a bit. How wide do you make the top of the bridge?

Thank you Gentlemen, I have to say I like it myself too :)

ctanzio,

I measured it when you asked, it is 1,5 mm. When I carve bridges I just try to make them visually good looking and just under 2900 Hz, hanging in a rubber band in front of the mic and hitting it gently with my index finger nail. Patrick have another system that I haven't been able to figure out, but the frequency I follow is lowered and rised with the same carving schema in his book:http://kreitpatrick.com/index_fichiers/Page21355.htm

For those who haven't the book yet, there is a lot of useful information in FAQ section on his web site. My varnish recipe is also derived from his book and adapted to Finnish Ingredients bought locally.

For other Finns/Nordic country makers, it's Ideal conditions to tune violins in wintertime because it's dry and you can get very accurate results. My friend LK just finished two violins within the same range.

Moving on to my next Soil ...

Thanks, I just had to try!

It's a great top and I need to know how good this violin can be. This is the first one I made using your system and it does not need re-tuning. But I'm going to raise B1+ 5-10 Hz from the outside and with varnish. It was horrible varnished so I'm going to re varnish it with the system I'm familiar with. I have heard that it's illegal to strip varnish from a violin, but this one i made myself so I will allow it  :)

Continued today

http://www.thestradsound.com/ongoing/cleaningupandanalyzingmodes

I think the color development of the varnish looks great. I hope you're proud of your work, I would be. Also, I greatly appreciate how you take such care and detail in documenting your process.

Thanks!

I'm proud of how I have managed to develop my skills during the last five years  :)

This has not been a solo journey though, I have received a lot of help from highly skilled professionals in this business. As a return I'm helping them to control the sound of violins. Unfortunately not on MN because professional violin makers can't afford to put them self out there, they have clients, I don't. I'm mostly into violin acoustics, started 1997.

I only use my hands during the whole varnish process, did the edges by dipping my fingers in alcohol and moved my thumb and index finger along the edges.