Maestronet Forums

Christian Bayon´s bench

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks. Mr Grubert like it very much and ask me to make a violin for him. It is not the first violin of mine he try. He have a beautiful Pietro Guarneri (Venezia) and it is always very interesting, like we discuss in the pegbox (difficulty to evaluate your own work) to have such a reference to compare.

Thanks. Mr Grubert like it very much and ask me to make a violin for him. It is not the first violin of mine he try. He have a beautiful Pietro Guarneri (Venezia) and it is always very interesting, like we discuss in the pegbox (difficulty to evaluate your own work) to have such a reference to compare.

Will you make a copy of the Peter of Venice?  I have never seen a modern copy before

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see you manage to work and finish your nr 100 soon! Wonderful work again. I'm wondering, it seems to me that you set your purfling a bit further from the edges on the last two violins, am I correct? Is that a traitr of the model?

I love that Peter of Venice, it somehow looks like a really friendly person. I really like the f- holes...