christian bayon

Christian Bayon´s bench

DarylG   

Very nice! I find it amazing that you have the parts in such different stages. Great to see work like this, really opens your eyes to the possibilities.

Whoa! :) That plus the wood you are going to use in the next 10 years. It must be overwhelming to see it all and see all the work you have ahead of you. I try not to look at more than 2 sets at a time, otherwise my muscles begin to ache before I even lift a tool. :)

lpr5184   

Would you sell one violin set?...pm?  My plan is to only make around 20 more instruments and then stop building.  I'm on the lookout to buy another 10 sets of the best wood I can find. Very nice Christian.

nice performance and sound! very focused and even across all the strings. 

as for your varnish, it is amazing you are able to achieve that level of colour depth and transparency using pigments!

tango   

Hi Christian

Your varnish system don´t make me sleep  :D

Do you varnish on separates parts because this way you save time?

Regards

Tango

Actually, I start to work this way to avoid the white mark in the ground, on the ribs, left by the glue soaked in the wood when gluing the back and the belly. And I found this technique very practical. Rubio did the same for the ground, I varnish this way since ten years and, I have seen recently, other maker varnishing this way.