Maestronet Forums

Does anyone recognize this Bobelock case model?

Desert Rat

Greetings, all.

I remember that Bobelock used to have a case that sold for the same price as the #1017, but instead of having two long storage compartments alongside the neck, there were two smaller compartments and a more form-fitted cavity for the head of the violin.  I imagine it was discontinued because buyers were opting for the greater storage capacity of the #1017 over the more interesting design of its sibling case.  Was the discontinued model designation #1014?

Attached is a picture of a fractional instrument for sale on eBay that got me thinking about this (not sure if it's the same model I remember).

Thanks.

post-970-0-67543600-1366125312_thumb.jpg

Thanks Gerald, but that's not it.  The interior cavity of the 1050 had straight sides and a shovel-shaped head space.  The case I'm remembering had the same body contours as the #1017 and either a spade or clover-shaped head area.

Below is a picture of the old #1050 Corregidor:

post-970-0-77574400-1366127515_thumb.jpg

Thanks Gerald, but that's not it.  The interior cavity of the 1050 had straight sides and a shovel-shaped head space.  The case I'm remembering had the same body contours as the #1017 and either a spade or clover-shaped head area.

Below is a picture of the old #1050 Corregidor:

Hi Desert Rat...I do think that it was a very short lived version of the older 1050 but what I recall my supplier saying was that it was too close to the Gewa Maestro and they were suggested to change it, so the spade-shaped area for the scroll and the contoured sides were squared off.  I could be miss-remembering however but I had a client looking for that case a few years ago and I'm pretty certain that is the story I was told.  I imagine the Gewa Maestro is still available but it is a little different (the large pocket is at the bottom of the case near the lower bout as apposed to the top near the scroll) and likely more money.

Sorry I can't be of much more help than that...

DGSR  :D

Thanks, again.

So, it could be that Bobelock discontinued the model #1014 (or whatever it was called) in order to reintroduce it as the #1050 Corregidor which then morphed into the #1051.

Anyone else remember if the #1014 (?) was discontinued at the same time the original Corregidor was introduced?

Just an excercise in curiosity, really.