• Announcements

• john

Read the rules at the top of this page before posting.   12/30/16

The rules are copied here for your convenience: The Auction Scroll is for sharing opinions on instruments listed and offered for sale online on this site or any other. It is for the civil exchange of ideas and opinions about the instruments themselves. The opinions expressed are solely those of the poster, and do not represent the opinion of Maestronet or its forum moderators. Personal attacks on individuals will not be tolerated and will result in banning from participation in the forums. For example you are free to state that in your opinion a certain instrument labelled such and such is or is not authentic. You can also support your opinion with facts as you see them, as long as you make no reference to the individual or company listing the instrument or use hearsay in your argument. You cannot say for example that such and such an instrument is not authentic because you know the individual listing the instrument is not trustworthy or you believe the company routinely uses false descriptions of its instruments. That will get you banned. Similarly, you can defend the authenticity of an instrument with the facts as you see them, as long as personal attacks and hearsay are not used. For example, you could refer to the shape of the f holes in support of a certain origin, but what you cannot do is attack any individuals that may hold a different opinion. This is a unique forum, so please abide by these rules to ensure it continues in its current form.
    • ghunt

Whole Site SSL   03/08/17

Whole site SSL is now turned on and forced for all pages on Maestronet. If you have any problems, please contact the admin team.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vathek

Would like opinions on these instruments, just curious

10 posts in this topic

These violins look to me to be German late 19c instruments that have been refinished. Since the seller says he is a violin maker I'm not sure what he is actually trying to get across with his descriptions. The wood used for the fittings doesn't look very good. Comments welcome.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OLD-LABELED-AND-CERTIFIED-ITALIAN-MASTER-VIOLIN-/230923534171?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35c41d7f5b

The date on the label doesn't correspond to the date given on the listing. He has recently started claiming to be a maker - are all the "Enrico Oselli" violins he's sold actually by the same maker?

These certificates used to say "fato l'anno etc", bizarre spelling mistake for an Italian!

Looks like he is playing a different violin in the video.

Fewer tuners on the tp.

He might compose a picture stream of stock photos

to save time posting . Ebony or rosewood fittings?

Some disagreement between photos.

It appears Mr. Oselli has made a mistake with the listing. From what I remember he had one up last mth dating 1977, I believe.

I've bought from this seller and he is a violin maker. He sells his own as well as others in a collection as I believe the family has a professional background. He seems to be a good person, I've talked with him. I have his seal and in writing and believe he is just going at a slower pace, like many others.

This is what I know of Enrico Oselli. He was student of Secondo Bianchini in Modena through 1979. Sounds like he was very close to him and was gifted a few of his violins. I can't say for sure guys but I think he means well.

These violins look to me to be German late 19c instruments that have been refinished. 

Looks that way to me too.  Looks like it had the “delta”/“dog nose” removed, but the color is different where it was.

A good maker can be bad at violin identification...   :mellow:

"I can't say for sure guys but I think he means well."

He may very well mean well, but the listing is very confusing, giving the impression he made the instrument and that it has his label in it, and that's why I posted this, really wasn't sure what was going on.

Bottom line ...no website...no bio...an endless supply of "his " violins marketed exclusively on ebay. Only other place

he appears online is yahoo photos and youtube. Anybody really know Enrico Oselli?