MANFIO

Manfio's Bench; My latest instrument...

I am lawyer, not a retired one. I currently have no website.

I am sorry I bothered you. There is tool in the forum that you can use to  hide all my posts,  so you not see them anymore. Feel free to use it.

10 minutes ago, MANFIO said:

I am lawyer, not a retired one. I currently have no website.

I am sorry I bothered you. There is tool in the forum tools that can hide all my posts so that you can't see them anymore. Feel free to use it.

You make instruments, and someone happy about your instument sends you a nice letter, and proud you should be... Then you get these weird post with suspicion:huh: keep up the good work Manfio and don't let post like these bother you, I see nothing werid but the last poster.

Beautiful!  You really do take the best photos too!

The heating element in my bending iron is broken, so I had to improvise, here my piega fasce alla candela.

piega fasce alla candela.jpg

You can be lucky its such a great thermal conductor. :)

On the pictures of your last, beautiful instrument I had the feeling the plate is thicker than I am used to. May I ask how thick the top plate is about?

14 hours ago, WorksAsIntended said:

You can be lucky its such a great thermal conductor. :)

On the pictures of your last, beautiful instrument I had the feeling the plate is thicker than I am used to. May I ask how thick the top plate is about?

Thanks! For the top, 3 mm, 4 mm near the edges, 5 mm in the lower region of the f holes (to avoid wolf notes). Backs 6.5 in the thickest region, 3.2 in the lower and upper bouts,  about 2.5 near the edges.

I see you are from Germany, I have instruments there in the Gewandhaus Leizpig (two violas) and with the principal viola of the Deustche Kammerphillharmonie Bremen.

Thank you. 

In this case there is a good chance I heard all three of them live already. Sadly I dont remember concertos that exactly to know how the principal viola sounded. 

On 8/23/2017 at 5:29 AM, MANFIO said:

The heating element in my bending iron is broken, so I had to improvise, here my piega fasce alla candela.

piega fasce alla candela.jpg

Manfio the Unstoppable in,,,,,

"HAVE CANDLE WILL BEND"

Season 2 episode 3 of "Luthiers in confusion"

A docudrama chronicling the pitfalls and hardships of the Luther in a post modern world, with an in depth investigation of candles, sandpaper and super glues.