Need help ID' ing this internal circular brand / stamp

I see two Xmas trees, upside down. Jacob will correct me I'm sure, but I recall reading that the Xmas tree was a stamp authorized for use by master makers in Mittenwald, circa 18th century. I have looked for it in older violins but never found one. I believe the single tree is still used at the Mittenwald school. Hope that helps a little.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who might be able and willing to shed any light on this small internal stamp, about the size of a dime, visible through the left f-hole on a violin I just received.

I've seen that before.

Tis a bird on a musical staff with the letters S A G above it.

I actually posted a picture here a few years ago, it was a much clearer brand on my violin. No one knew then what it meant.

Sigfried Geipel?

I'll see if I can find the picture of mine.

All violins are presumed Italian until proven otherwise. :rolleyes:

Herr Docktor Professor S.’s test is for a certain generation of instruments. Temporal, as well as spatial, if you follow me. Yours looks more 1930’s-ish?

Addie = not sure how to say “if it walks like a duck” in German.

And yet Jacob Saunders, Die Geigenbaumeister, Restaurator, und forensischen Experten, who by his own reckoning knows all there is to know about Germanic violins and is himself a defacto German sympathiser (he's Austrian, and that's close enough historically) does not readily recognise this fiddle or its brand.

I'm going to drop a bombshell over Dresden - could this be a Francesco Guadagnini?

And yet Jacob Saunders, Die Geigenbaumeister, Restaurator, und forensischen Experten, who by his own reckoning knows all there is to know about Germanic violins and is himself a defacto German sympathiser (he's Austrian, and that's close enough historically) does not readily recognise this fiddle or its brand.

Sorry Steve, I’m totaly disorientated since we have to take Stakhanovite-Martians into consideration too

Jacob, you must be confusing this saga with Chris's extra-terrestrial take on Stradivari.

It turns out this violin may not be 1930s Germanic at all, rather English, 19th c. Meaning, Jacob, from the nation of your birth, the land which you abandoned, betrayed.

I have found a Deconet label underneath the top, by the way. Details to follow. Had no idea Deconet performed in England, what a talent.

Arglebeagle, et al, I am getting closer to solving the riddle of my violin ID thanks to a very helpful gentleman at an auction house.

Details to follow. Note to Addie - it's not German nor 1930s.

Inquiring minds want to know. Just curious, how is the tone?